GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GT tdi write off, GTD ordered

baser

Hi all

My MK7 has been written off after a lost argument with a 44t truck on the motor way. Can't really complain too much, the emergency services all said they were expecting a fatality given the state of the car. The fire brigade had to cut me out!!

Now ordered a GTD to replace the GTtdi with the following spec

Tornado Red
Black leather
Winter Pack
Dynaaudio
Discover PRO nav
ACC
Keyless entry / go
Auto park

Just annoyed that I ordered the first golf in January I had it for 6 weeks now a write off. Back on the waiting list until December, so for me 2013 will be 10 months waiting 2 months driving. Still lucky to be alive.

Doden

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear about this baser, but as you say, lucky you are here to tell the tale. Says something for the build quality I guess if you got out without serious injury.
Also says something about the car if you are prepared to order another one, not sure I could have done that. Well done and enjoy it when it eventually arrives.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
A frightening tale, thank goodness your Golf protected you well - were you injured at all?

Hope you haven't had any problems with your insurance company coughing up.

DougL

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't do the leather, the standard seats are so much nicer! Oh and the winter pack is a complete waste of money if you have leather, as it only adds heated washers, which don't work...

baser

Thanks all, apart from a couple of broken ribs and the usual cuts and bruises from such an accident I am AOK. Quite happy with the state of me given the state of the car. I would not hesitate to get another one, thinking of buying the estate for the family.

Heated washers came in useful last year on my old A4 I took on a long run up to Sweden, they worked in -25 deg C, dont drive up there often but they have proved useful.

I have been told (by VW) the leather seats are the same under the covers as the std seats, are they diffrent?

I am not to worried about the cost, its a company car and its far cheaper than the A4 I gave back, even with every option ticked.