GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gt badge

Ian91

Ready to race!
Anyone???,,

Don't know gtchris, but someone on the forum will have tried I'm sure, the blue GT badge would go well with your colour car, VW penny pinching not putting a GT badge on the front, having said this I had my badges deleted at the rear.

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Yes ian.a lot of people dont like that sort of stuff on their car but personally i like it.
You are right tho,no badge and also the polo gt has the steering wheel like the gtd but with gt on the wheel.
Im gonna order a badge which ive seen but not sure.
They are very rare to try and get your hands on onei do think it would fit as the grill on the polo looks very similar.
Cheers ian.

Ian91

Ready to race!
GT badge

Yes ian.a lot of people dont like that sort of stuff on their car but personally i like it.
You are right tho,no badge and also the polo gt has the steering wheel like the gtd but with gt on the wheel.
Im gonna order a badge which ive seen but not sure.
They are very rare to try and get your hands on onei do think it would fit as the grill on the polo looks very similar.
Cheers ian.

I'm sure you'll be able to fit the badge on the front (loads of weather resistant glue) if it doesn't you could re sell on eBay. Didn't know the polo had gt badge on the steering wheel. This is the first golf I've had de badged at the rear if it had a gt badge on the front like the older mk6 gt or on the back I would have left them on. Not a brilliant pic also have rear sun shades which darken the tint.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 972
Last edited:

gtchris1

Ready to race!
I actually quite like that colour.
I emailed the guy who was selling them and he seems to think it wont fit.
Ive also had a closer look at a polo with badge on.
They are very similar but the polo has the gap on both top and bottom of the grill where my golf only has the gap inbetween the chrome strip at the bottom if that makes sense lol.
I think some decent adhesive is prob the only way im going to acheive it.
Are your wheels the 17 singapores ian.?.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Yes decided on Singapore's just as a change from the straight alloys, I was just in time to get the 150 ps engine.
Thinking of changing the car next year away from VW, love the car but not the dealers, although I think most dealerships after sales are pretty much the same.
How are you getting on with your car I'm up to 30k now?

gtchris1

Ready to race!
Done 5k in mine now.
Ive had the odd couple of issues but absolutely love the car.
This 1.4 tsi engine is a cracker.
Ive always mainly had fords ie focusx2,cmax so this is my first vw.
Your right about aftersales tho,they arent bothered once they have had your custom.
I shall keep this for 3 years and have a look at the mk8 golf or the new tiguan.
The new tiguan is mint.
I shall probably stick around vw for at least my next purchase which at the moment is the tiguan,but so enjoying the golf at the minute.
Its so nice to actuall drive a normal car for once instead of my cmax.
Dont get me wrong it was great but it was like driving a minibus everywhere lol!!!.
Now my 2 kids are a bit older i didnt really need a massive car hence why i had the golf,but i was actually suprised how roomy the golf was.
All my previous cars were diesels but this petrol engine really suprised me how nippy and torquey it was.
What u thinking of having next?.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Next car?

This is my fourth Golf having had a mk4/5/6 and the mk 7 is probably the best, I particularly like the cylinder on demand engine on the 1.4 TSi. Like you mention the inside space is great and just so well laid out. Yep I like the new Tiguan but it may not fit in my garage - it may, but I'd have to have a sunroof so I could climb out.
I have been seriously cosidering the new Audi Q2, there is the option of the same 1.4tsi COD engine and the driving position is a little higher. I'm doing a bit more mileage recently but still not sure about a Diesel engine Having always had petrol cars. Tried pricing up a Q2 and with all the options I want its £31k gulp! With no discounts at the moment.
The Audi Q2 isn't in the showrooms yet but Audi are doing a dealer tour with a bright yellow one and they are in my area next week so will have a look. Because I'm getting a bit older I may go for a car with a higher driving position, had a look Merc GLA/Infinit QX30 but reviews aren't too great, having said all this I would still have a look at the Mk 8 when it appears plus VW will probably do a new Golf crossover vehicle in the next 18 months, not sure whether the new Seat Ateca is out yet but reviews are good (could I live with a Seat, not sure on that one)
Ian

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
. Because I'm getting a bit older I may go for a car with a higher driving position,
Ian

Ever thought about the Golf SV?

I almost bought one but got the estate instead (need it for the skis & more sporty handling). Same wheelbase as the Skoda Octavia (so 2" longer than Golf), but 9" shorter than my Golf estate. Also a higher roofline & the seats are placed higher up off the floorpan, so you slide straight in & not "drop down" into them. Also 2" more legroom in rear with individual sliding rear seats like the tiguan etc.

very good car & basically a Golf MK7 with a slightly different layout on the dash...

Ian91

Ready to race!
Ever thought about the Golf SV?

I almost bought one but got the estate instead (need it for the skis & more sporty handling). Same wheelbase as the Skoda Octavia (so 2" longer than Golf), but 9" shorter than my Golf estate. Also a higher roofline & the seats are placed higher up off the floorpan, so you slide straight in & not "drop down" into them. Also 2" more legroom in rear with individual sliding rear seats like the tiguan etc.

very good car & basically a Golf MK7 with a slightly different layout on the dash...

I did drive a Golf SV when mine was in for a service and it drove almost as good as the golf hatchback but it probably needs updating, they do a GT version but this gets a bit pricey with the options, from memory the size was ok but the vehicle I loaned was a diesel version. I'm going to have a look at the Q2 which looks like another option, had a look at the Citroen cactus but it's a bit basic compaired to the Golf. I've always been a VW Golf fan and may hang fire until next year to see how the new small Suv's develop.

Last edited:

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Sorry to resurrect a long dead thread but I thought I would post this to the benefit of anyone googling MK7 Golf GT badge 😁

The Polo GT badge does indeed fit and literally drops (or slides) right on as per the images below.

The part number is pictured below (starting with a 6) you will want some good contact adhesive or tape to secure it.

For those in the UK if you go to readysetcustom.co.uk and type in Polo GT into the search on their page you will find custom colour overlays for them too.

I have the gloss black arriving shortly 😁👌

EF43F785-C240-4755-9F11-747BAC1542E7.jpeg
CCC49B4B-719B-47A5-98D4-4D056E1E1735.jpeg
82543AC2-547B-4167-BD4E-D036CBC031E1.jpeg
B200E349-9457-45EE-9960-CE479D5B4144.jpeg

Cashy56

Car(s)
Golf mk7 1.4 Tsi 140
I love this idea of the blue GT Bluemotion badging, like the Polo (with the same powerplant) A subtle yet classy nod to the older Golf GTs !
Did you do the rear too?

CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
I love this idea of the blue GT Bluemotion badging, like the Polo (with the same powerplant) A subtle yet classy nod to the older Golf GTs !
Did you do the rear too?
Good morning Cashy, that I did not sir.

Ended up taking the badge off the grill removing the TSI badge from the back and leaving the Golf badge on.

Actually got a fair amount of positive feedback on it but grew not to like and went back to the standard look.

I have went for a more stealthy approach with mine.

Found removing the TSI badge and the GT badge meant I got “buzzed” less and could “surprise” the unwitting fellow road users much more.

The rear looks very similar to the image below but with the addition of the chrome tailpipes from the Yeti (much cheaper than the VW part and a direct fit)
DFD9A882-F561-40F6-B502-736ED0D97723.jpeg

Is your car mapped etc?

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
I keep toying with a GT badge on the front, or using the Passat/Jetta (USA) GT side wing badges (like the MK7 GTI)......

Ultimately I ticked the badge delete option at factory at purchase in 2014, & having the car remapped & no badges whatsoever, is nice as it confuses people!!

I would like a GT badge on the inside, on the cubby lid or on the steering wheel? On my old polo (6N) "special edition" I removed all external badges & placed the SE badge in the space between the electric window switches which were on the front console.