GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GSW 4motion manual build, come along!

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
I have the same car its a 17 with loads of engine and exterior mods. The engine now has all GTI plugs, coil packs, turbo. Did a front mount, APR stage 1, custom quad r like exhaust stock dp no res, or muffler. I need to put a resonator back on. The car ran a 13.3 as it sits now. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk more. I love it! Its fun to drive and i can put the family and dog in the back with no problem. other car is a 17 GTI SE
Sweet man, I had a mk7 GTI and now this , such a fun car to mod. Gonna follow some of your mod path with upgraded turbo etc.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Got these on today, non pp calipers/carriers and stop tech slotted rotors, got wrong size front pads sent to me so pads next week but my stock ones work fine for now???

Attachments

• 62ED3E55-5FF8-4ABB-A979-B5525572F280.jpeg
    62ED3E55-5FF8-4ABB-A979-B5525572F280.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 117

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Ended up going with stoptech pads since the EBC reds that were sent were rear pads, tough to get a good pic?
34DC3081-6BD6-4800-B8A4-32B107EA65B2.jpeg

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
These were installed yesterday with the stoptech front pads on the new non PP GTI front brakes. Steering feels sharp, brakes are much better. Front bushing kit was a little difficult to install due to getting them in level around the front knuckles but original bushings were really easy to remove. Will need more time to assess this mod since I drove very little after install???
C38CE1F6-65D0-4626-BB64-5FED44C3A3E3.png

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Did super pin install this weekend. Needed more tools than i thought, was not as bad as i thought, but it didnt make enough of a difference justify the effort. It has made the shifting feel tighter, but not by a huge amount. I did not shim the shifter ball, and i did not do the dremel mod since i know i would have destroyed something. I am proud i did not break any clips and i did not scratch my stereo. Hears a few pics: overall once i figured out how to get the cigarette lighter plug off and on and the center console off and on the project was not that bad.
B30CA023-02F1-413D-9762-FCC16A372DC2.jpeg
8D761BA0-8BA5-476A-B4F2-0342706D636E.jpeg

Last edited:

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Did mine (superpin) a couple of months back am working on a write up...also found that the centre console had two bolts missing & two others loose...which is why it was rattling like mad!!

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah i didnt find any missing bolts or anything, and a write would be great! I was going off youtube video that was a Golf R and another that was on a GTI but didnt actually show how to remove and replace the center console, which thankfully my wife helped out and we did it together. I also found it nice to have someone help with small hands that could get to that dang cigarrette lighter plug! How did you find the improvement in the shifter? Worth it?
Did mine (superpin) a couple of months back am working on a write up...also found that the centre console had two bolts missing & two others loose...which is why it was rattling like mad!!

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Yeah i didnt find any missing bolts or anything, and a write would be great! I was going off youtube video that was a Golf R and another that was on a GTI but didnt actually show how to remove and replace the center console, which thankfully my wife helped out and we did it together. I also found it nice to have someone help with small hands that could get to that dang cigarrette lighter plug! How did you find the improvement in the shifter? Worth it?

The superpin was defo worth the huge hassle....& had run out of options as done everything else including Delrin shaft bushes on the gearstick spring for reverse (dieselgeek parts)…..I would not recommend doing the superpin & whilst you are there the Delrin shaft bushes...first..

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Cool car. I can really get down with the idea of a 4-motion but maaannn... i can't get over the ass end look and the interior :(

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Cool car. I can really get down with the idea of a 4-motion but maaannn... i can't get over the ass end look and the interior :(

MK7 estate looks way better than MK5/6 GSW rear ends...