GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GS Question

Hcivic91

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP
Good day all,

New to the forum having just purchased a 2017 GTI, the car is manual and has the power pack. I purchased the car for fun and to do some autocross this coming year. I am interested in tuning it but want to run in GS.

Is there a way to run stock for the event and not be detected? I do not know how closely folks look at the car and so forth prior to the runs. Any insight here would be very helpful. Just looking to have fun and learn how to race while enjoying a little extra HP while not on the track.

thank you

Hcivic91

Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP
To be clear, I am not looking to cheat. I am looking for a way to turn the tune off while Autocrossing and in doing so I don’t want to raise any suspicions.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You would just have to flash back to stock before the race. Cobb would be best for that since you can do it yourself at the track in a few minutes.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
You would just have to flash back to stock before the race. Cobb would be best for that since you can do it yourself at the track in a few minutes.

If you're adamant on a tune for daily driving, as Jim mentioned, just use a vendor that tunes using the Cobb Accessport. This will allow you to flash back to your stock tune before each event.

This is what I do when I'm running on my E30 tune, as that is not permitted in my class. A day or so before the event, I'll go back to my 91 octane tune, and call it good.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
In college, we knew a guy was cheating at our weekly poker game. But he still lost money, even cheating, so we never confronted him.