GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grudge Race vs BT SRT-4

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So about 2 months ago now I raced an upgraded turbo, FBO SRT-4 on pump gas. At the time, I was is20 e30 tuned FBO. We did a couple rolls from 40-60 to about 120 mph and I got beat about 1.5/2 cars length every time (he was definitely faster but the DSG helped keep me in it).

Fast forward to an RX550 installed (with LPFP+HPFP on e30), we reran the same rolls. I beat him this time around by several car lengths which absolutely shocked the SRT-4 owner (I told him I upgraded the turbo) because he apparently was running a full e85 custom tune this time around but still got beat badly.

Last edited:

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Nice. Looks like you resolved the turbo install issue. What did it end up being?

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Nice. Looks like you resolved the turbo install issue. What did it end up being?

LPFP! There was no instruction by PR to remove an old O-ring, just placing one in. Found this in another forum post then I pulled the LPFP out and sure enough, after pulling the old Oring the entire assembly fit more snuggly and 'snapped' into the hold where the Oring goes. This kept the fuel pressure stable when otherwise it was cutting out especially up top.

Only 'issue' i have now is the car sounds a little more "flappy" than before the turbo install but has no issue with performance. Might be some of the foil wrapping over the lines on the turbo flapping around or something. Also, the turbo bracket doesn't fit so I have that left off entirely and also chose to remove the brace for the downpipe as it doesn't seem necessary.

Reactions: MSH