GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
@Mini7 any updates?

He will post here if there are updates. As mentioned above, many months to go.

I've always wanted these on my E90, I'd be down for a set of 9" wide +45 offset. Concave is a plus.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I needed some wheels now, so I bought some RSe16's in 17 x 8.5 +45. They fit over my BBK without spacers and are hubcentric. If these ever come out, I'll buy a set and replace my 17 x 7.5 street wheels with the RSe16's and use these for track, but they'll need to be 17 x 9 +45. Looking forward to what they come up with.

Last edited:

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Folks, I have been tied up with work and travel. I was not able to connect with the Sales Manager last week.

I will call again this week.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Folks I haven’t been able to connect with Apex. I will continue trying.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

H22hatch

Ready to race!
So is anything happening with this? I need to get wheels sooner rather than later as all I have left are my winter wheels/tires and the weather here is starting to warm up rapidly.

cblock406

Ready to race!
So is anything happening with this? I need to get wheels sooner rather than later as all I have left are my winter wheels/tires and the weather here is starting to warm up rapidly.

Check post 131, that was the end of January and they said 6-8 months out. I think I've committed myself to waiting as I've been very happy with their wheels (BMW) and have had great service with Apex over the years. Sucks nothing this spring or summer tho.

Last edited:

H22hatch

Ready to race!
Check post 131, that was the end of January and they said 6-8 months out. I think I've committed myself to waiting as I've been very happy with their wheels (BMW) and have had great service with Apex over the years. Sucks nothing this spring or summer tho.

Bummer, think that is just going to be way too long for me. Might consider them come winter time I suppose.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
So BMW is moving over to 5x112 starting in 2020, according to the APEX rep I spoke with not too long ago, so it's not so much they're supporting the VW market, it's just that the BMW and VW market are colliding. I tried to pitch them on an 18x8.5 et43 version of either their ARC8 or their SM10. Even asked about a group buy, the short answer was no. I started looking at Titan7, forged wheels at a pretty reasonable price.

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
So BMW is moving over to 5x112 starting in 2020, according to the APEX rep I spoke with not too long ago, so it's not so much they're supporting the VW market, it's just that the BMW and VW market are colliding. I tried to pitch them on an 18x8.5 et43 version of either their ARC8 or their SM10. Even asked about a group buy, the short answer was no. I started looking at Titan7, forged wheels at a pretty reasonable price.

Well that’s disappointing. Got hopeful when they put out the call on Facebook for test cars to scan/model last year.
628A5160-B17A-4A77-9B1A-FC8CC6DBE71E.jpeg