GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Their track prep group buys is an exception. Normal price you won't get near that.

Apex doesn't just "pop out" wheels. They only release things they are comfortable with and can guarantee them to perform under the conditions of track abuse.

Have you actually gone to their website? The ARC8 in a 17x9 et42 is already listed as a 269$ wheel. Certainly not 3-400+ as you're claiming. Considering I've seen other wheel manufacturers produce similar MSRP wheels and sell them for around 200$ in a group buy of 25+ (usually because it takes 100 wheels to make an order from the overseas factories they work with and 4 wheels/car = 25 orders), thinking that Apex can make a 200$ wheel happen, is not that far fetched.

Have you ever seen a wheel manufactured? They most certainly do "pop out". Just like almost every other manufacturer, Apex most likely produces the wheel in China/Taiwan from one of the many factories there that service so many other manufacturers. If they were produced in the USA or anywhere else "respectable" they would claim it loudly and proudly all over their site. After they have a face designed/tested, and they have the barrel stretch down for the size, the rest is easy and the whole process is repeatable in high volume for almost any offset and width within the wide ranging spec.

I'm not trying to knock their wheels, since I do think for the price they offer a good product, regardless of where it's manufactured.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Apex Wheels has yet to release MQB specific wheels. Early 2020 is when they are likely to kick off their initial group buy.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Go reread the conversation. That guy (gtifan99) quoted a guy talking about Apex wheels. Neuspeed DOES NOT sell or list Apex wheels on their site.

Understand and agree about Neuspeed not selling Apex wheels. The price on the Apex wheels for our MQB platform has not yet been released, but they are anticipated to be somewhere south of $300 per wheel for a light, 17" flow-formed wheel on a group buy.

Unrelated to your post, TheProfessional, wherebouts in Texas are you at? I spent many decades in the Metroplex and did a bunch of autocrossing there.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Understand and agree about Neuspeed not selling Apex wheels.

No kidding, so you and GTIfan were lost in outer space.;)

Unrelated to your post, TheProfessional, wherebouts in Texas are you at? I spent many decades in the Metroplex and did a bunch of autocrossing there.

A little North of Houston. Been here 5 years and anticipate another 10. I did some of the HOUSCCA autoxs, but lost interest about two years ago.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Not in outer space. Apex has wheels for other platforms at a reasonable price and Neuspeed has options now at a reasonable price in 17. So assuming Apex's Mk7 offering would be over 300 doesn't seem rooted in reality.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
Not in outer space. Apex has wheels for other platforms at a reasonable price and Neuspeed has options now at a reasonable price in 17. So assuming Apex's Mk7 offering would be over 300 doesn't seem rooted in reality.

The only wheel Neuspeed has that is somewhat cheap is the RSe16. They have been on fire sale price because almost nobody has been buying them. That has nothing to do with Apex though and what they may price their wheels at.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Now seriously, just stop. Let's not detail a thread about a group buy for Apex wheels with your shenanigans.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie

Nope, I am serious. You are still talking $1000 a set for those, which I wouldn't call cheap. $800 a set for a $200 wheel is getting closer to cheap, which the RSe16 Neuspeed wheels were during black Friday. That said, none of that has anything to do with Apex.

Now seriously, just stop. Let's not detail a thread about a group buy for Apex wheels with your shenanigans.

Just remember, it was your shenanigans that DERAILED (not detailed) the thread. You started talking about Neuspeed wheels in this Apex thread and stated that Apex wheels are listed on Neuspeed's website. I can tell reading comprehension isn't your strong point, so I'll just leave it alone and let you look dumb.