GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
I run Nitto NT 01’s on track - 255-40-17’s on 17x8.5 et 45. I rubbed the paint off the fuel filler pipe. So very minor in my case.

I will post a photo this weekend.

Good to know, wasn't aware it would be an issue. Probably why prior owner ran reverse stagger and I just got two more wheels to make it a square setup. The 245's I daily are only 9.9" so not as much as the Nitto's.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I didn’t hear the rub at the back. Only noticed it when rotating the tires. Was surprised to see that because the rear seem to have more fender clearance than the front. But it is minor at this point.

I was more concerned with front tire/fender clearance because i am running SuperPro’s LCA with added caster. No issues there with my current setup.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I run Nitto NT 01’s on track - 255-40-17’s on 17x8.5 et 45. I rubbed the paint off the fuel filler pipe. So very minor in my case.

I will post a photo this weekend.

Here is the rub I was talking about.

Attachments

• 20205E21-F8C0-4AD1-AC4A-8BC1644EA17A.jpeg
    20205E21-F8C0-4AD1-AC4A-8BC1644EA17A.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 235

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Hoping a 17x9 comes out lighter than the RSe16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I'm in for 17 x 9 et 45.

mkv:uno

Ready to race!
Depending on the fitment I could be in for a set.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I will put a call in to Apex.

They were looking at a Q1 group buy for the MQB market.

Jarbear

Ready to race!
From a Apex race parts rep:

"Thanks for reaching out and expressing your interest. We have certainly experienced a steady flow of requests for lightweight 17" and 18" wheel solutions from VW/Audi performance driving enthusiasts over the years. For a long time we were focused on broadening our core BMW product line, and several years ago we began to expand our offering to cater to new markets - focusing on the makes and models frequently found at the track first and foremost. Now that Porsche, Mustang, Subaru, Camaro, Corvette (in progress) and other lines are available, we have finally decided to tackle VW/Audi with the 5x112 centerbore.

We are currently evaluating the competition and identifying voids in the current marketplace to ensure we are introducing wheels that offer VW/Audi drivers something of true value. We are conducting test fitments, and working with our engineers to research brake profiles and suspension designs across the various VW/Audi chassis to ensure we do not miss the marker on anything. The first production run will have an emphasis on the GTI chassis in recent generations, and we will continue to build out the line from there.

As you may know, we recently launched a line of fully forged 5x120 wheels for BMW applications, therefore we are still allocating production resources towards that project to bring it over the finish line. As soon as production space becomes available, we are planning to push more flow formed projects through the pipeline like the VW/Audi 5x112 wheels. In addition to VW/Audi 5x112 applications, we will look at the new BMW 5x112 applications as well (including the new Supra).

We hope to have more information available soon, and will update the community via the forums, social media (IG/FB), etc. If you haven't already, you can sign up for our newsletter by visiting our website. Our goal is to release them as early as possible in the 2020 season.

I appreciate the opportunity to work with you, and please feel free to give me any feedback on the wheel specification or design preferences that you have."

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
This is great news! If Apex can offer some 17x9 and 17x8.5 options in a proper hub size, reasonable weight, and a 200$ price point, I'm all in for it!! Even with a 250$ price point, it would be really reasonable.

I'm currently running the advanti storm s1 17x9 et45 with some custom machined aluminum rings. They're nowhere near as high quality as my OZ Racing wheels, but that's to be expected when comparing a 200$ wheel vs a 300$ wheel.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
I jumped on a set of Neuspeed RSe16 17x8.5 for a hair over 800 shipped on black friday. That said, I'd still consider a set of lighter 17x8.5 with a et40.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
This is great news! If Apex can offer some 17x9 and 17x8.5 options in a proper hub size, reasonable weight, and a 200$ price point, I'm all in for it!! Even with a 250$ price point, it would be really reasonable.

I'm currently running the advanti storm s1 17x9 et45 with some custom machined aluminum rings. They're nowhere near as high quality as my OZ Racing wheels, but that's to be expected when comparing a 200$ wheel vs a 300$ wheel.
Where the hell you getting $200 range for the wheels? All their wheels are $300-$400+ unless on group buys or go based on the gt86 wheel which is 1 wheel out of their entire lineup. They product a quality product. You might as well stick to your advanti's for life then.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Where the hell you getting $200 range for the wheels? All their wheels are $300-$400+ unless on group buys or go based on the gt86 wheel which is 1 wheel out of their entire lineup. They product a quality product. You might as well stick to your advanti's for life then.
A guy can dream man. I've seen great group buys from wheel makers in the past... It's not hard for them to pop out custom wheels when they already make a variety.

The advanti finish is not great, lol. I might powder coat them

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
A guy can dream man. I've seen great group buys from wheel makers in the past... It's not hard for them to pop out custom wheels when they already make a variety.

The advanti finish is not great, lol. I might powder coat them
Their track prep group buys is an exception. Normal price you won't get near that.

Apex doesn't just "pop out" wheels. They only release things they are comfortable with and can guarantee them to perform under the conditions of track abuse.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

They're list for 229 ea on Neuspeeds website right now.