GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Had a word with Apex Wheels.

They are making progress on the MQB wheel launch. We should hear more towards the end of January regarding the official group buy. There will likely be a few size, design & color options. Cars are being laser scanned for final fitment checks.

Folks, there is no point in speculating about pricing until Apex launches their group buy. Apex designs and builds track orientated wheels. Built to take on the rigors of the track, whilst being BBK friendly.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nope, I am serious. You are still talking $1000 a set for those, which I wouldn't call cheap. $800 a set for a $200 wheel is getting closer to cheap, which the RSe16 Neuspeed wheels were during black Friday. That said, none of that has anything to do with Apex.

Just remember, it was your shenanigans that DERAILED (not detailed) the thread. You started talking about Neuspeed wheels in this Apex thread and stated that Apex wheels are listed on Neuspeed's website. I can tell reading comprehension isn't your strong point, so I'll just leave it alone and let you look dumb.
If $1000 for wheels isn't cheap, you probably shouldn't be tracking.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
If $1000 for wheels isn't cheap, you probably shouldn't be tracking.

Nice redirect away from the main point, which is that you continue to derail the thread and your comprehension is below average. That said, I have two sets of OEM wheels, two sets of Neuspeeds (RSe05 and RSe16), two GTIs (2017 and 2019, got rid of my 2016 R earlier this year), and will probably pick up a set of Apex wheels if they come in the specifications I want, so cost isn't really a concern for me. BUT, for a lot of people it is a concern, especially for wheels that will get beat up due to hard use and frequent tire changes. I get that most of this is over your head though as you have proven again that you can't follow the conversation and understand the topic.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Nice redirect away from the main point, which is that you continue to derail the thread and your comprehension is below average. That said, I have two sets of OEM wheels, two sets of Neuspeeds (RSe05 and RSe16), two GTIs (2017 and 2019, got rid of my 2016 R earlier this year), and will probably pick up a set of Apex wheels if they come in the specifications I want, so cost isn't really a concern for me. BUT, for a lot of people it is a concern, especially for wheels that will get beat up due to hard use and frequent tire changes. I get that most of this is over your head though as you have proven again that you can't follow the conversation and understand the topic.

What you're saying is no one likes you. Got it.

I misunderstood the initial post I replied to as saying there were no 17 x 8.5 track wheels in the 200 range, so my bad, but you are without a double the most obnoxious person I've encountered on the site. So you have that going for you. In what field are you a professional? I'd assume being a dick, but that isn't actually a profession. Oh wait, you must be a politician.

Just don't reply if you can't be a decent human being.

TheProfessional

Go Kart Newbie
What you're saying is no one likes you. Got it.

If that is what you got from my post, you have confirmed you're piss poor comprehension skills.

I misunderstood the initial post I replied to as saying there were no 17 x 8.5 track wheels in the 200 range, so my bad,

Thanks for telling me I was right all along.

you are without a double the most obnoxious person I've encountered on the site. So you have that going for you. In what field are you a professional? I'd assume being a dick, but that isn't actually a profession. Oh wait, you must be a politician.

Just don't reply if you can't be a decent human being.

Without a double? Not sure what that means.

By the way, have you gone back and read your own posts? You are the one that has resorted to name calling, so if you want to find the obnoxious person here, go look in the mirror. I only questioned your responses, which were incorrect and/or slightly incoherent. Apparently you can't handle being questioned very well.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yep, now you're pointing out obvious autocorrect misspellings. Confirms that literally no one likes you.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
Consider me interested depending on weight. If they're lighter or same weight as the Neuspeed Rse16 (which are already fairly heavy), 17x8.5 would definitely be interesting. Judging by similar wheels they offer, it looks like they will be.

Looks like their standard colors are Anthracite (gunmetal), Hyper Silver, Hyper Black, and Satin Black.

If they offer ball seat lug holes for the application, even better, I'd rather not have to have two sets of lug bolts (a big plus of the Neuspeeds).

If we're limited on colors for the group buy, I'd vote for satin black, Anthracite, or hyperblack, in that order.

Put my name down as a definite maybe :) I plan on buying a set of wheels early this spring for the upcoming autox season, so hopefully we'll have some news in the next month or so on availability.

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
I really hope they don't have only ball seat lug holes if they're not hubcentric.

Here's what they say for BMW -
"All ARC-8 wheels are purpose built for select vehicle applications, and centering rings are never required for any BMW application. All 5x120mm bolt pattern wheels feature a direct-fit 72.56mm center bore."

Hopefully they carry that mentality through for VW as well and don't take the Audi 66.56mm centerbore cop-out.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Here's what they say for BMW -
"All ARC-8 wheels are purpose built for select vehicle applications, and centering rings are never required for any BMW application. All 5x120mm bolt pattern wheels feature a direct-fit 72.56mm center bore."

Hopefully they carry that mentality through for VW as well and don't take the Audi 66.56mm centerbore cop-out.

That would be fine. I'd just have to buy new ball seat lug nuts I guess, but that's not a big deal.