GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy: Apex ARC-8 Wheels

Are you interested in the Apex Wheel group buy?

• Total voters

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I would be interested in an 18" wheel. Apex has an 18x8.5et45 ARC-8 wheel already, but of course, with a BCD and center bore suitable for a BMW. An 18x9et45 wheel would also be very interesting.

M3bs1

Go Kart Champion
I tried to get Apex to consider VW fitments when I bought my Mk6, and again when I bought my 7R. I wound up picking up a set of VWR for my track wheels. 18 x 8.5 I think is probably the sweet spot if they can only do one.

I have two sets of ARC-8 for my M3.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I tried to get Apex to consider VW fitments when I bought my Mk6, and again when I bought my 7R. I wound up picking up a set of VWR for my track wheels. 18 x 8.5 I think is probably the sweet spot if they can only do one.

I have two sets of ARC-8 for my M3.
In the BMW track community I only ever see Apex wheels [emoji23] I think I've seen volks once on a f80.

Myself and many others are very happy with nuespeeds or konig for track duty.

Scala

Ready to race!
Definitely interested and preferably in color black.

Where does the 45 offset come from?
Is it proven to be the maximum for a 8.5X17 or could more offset be possible so as to accommodate a 9X17 without exceeding the fender line?

How does this effort go forward and when would the product be available?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Again, if you have track buddies looking for a cost effective track wheel that checks the boxes, reach out to them because Apex is looking for interest in the marketplace for them to dedicate the resources to designing a MQB specific wheel for our track application.

So networking is important for us to generate sufficient people to put their names down for the group buy. Once we get this ball rolling Apex will develop 18” wheels based on interest.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
I would be interested in an 18" wheel. Apex has an 18x8.5et45 ARC-8 wheel already, but of course, with a BCD and center bore suitable for a BMW. An 18x9et45 wheel would also be very interesting.

Cliff are you looking specifically at 18” wheels to clear your BBK? Stoptech if I remember correctly.

Would you consider 17” wheels if they cleared your BBK?

This would allow wider tire options for maximum grip on track.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Cliff are you looking specifically at 18” wheels to clear your BBK? Stoptech if I remember correctly.

17's will clear a 355 6 pot stoptech all day long it's not a question of if

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS

After I finish off the Nitto tires on my 18x9 Neuspeed wheels I plan to replace them with 255/35R18 ZIII's. The section width on the Nitto's is 9.8" while TR says 9.7" for the Dunlops. I have a bit more room under my fenders to play with now that we raised the front of the car 0.375" too.

Stoptech ST-40 calipers with 355/32 rotors require the wheel barrel to have an inner diameter greater than 15.94" (link to template). My RSe05 wheels measured roughly 15.5".

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Definitely interested and preferably in color black.

Where does the 45 offset come from?
Is it proven to be the maximum for a 8.5X17 or could more offset be possible so as to accommodate a 9X17 without exceeding the fender line?

How does this effort go forward and when would the product be available?

I have 18x8.5 et45 and it’s a flush fit. I don’t have experience with 9” wide wheels and fitment on Mk7’s. An ET50 would keep a 9” flush but will push the wheel closer to the strut. I haven’t seen how much clearance is available to the inside.

Edit: Cliff can you answer the offset required for 18x9 wheels.

Last edited:

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
I have 18x8.5 et45 and it’s a flush fit. I don’t have experience with 9” wide wheels and fitment on Mk7’s. An ET50 would keep a 9” flush but will push the wheel closer to the strut. I haven’t seen how much clearance is available to the inside.

Edit: Cliff can you answer the offset required for 18x9 wheels.

Nope, but I can say that my tires with their 9.8" cross section and the amount my car is lowered vs stock and coupled with the camber I am running barely rub at all in front, and not at all in the rear.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Cliff, How much are you lowered and how much camber are you running on the front?

teemmy

Ready to race!
18x9 +45 would be a nice option! What are they thinking for pricing? Looks like 250 normally, or a 18x9 +42 is 298 a piece. Curious what the whole set would be