GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grinding noise when turning left

Vdubai

Car(s)
Mk7gti standard
Hi all. First post so please go easy on me. I’ve had a well maintained mk7 2015 since new and she’s been a great motor. Over the last six months she’s been developing a really terrible grinding noise when turning left.
The noise isn’t consistent and doesn’t happen all the time, I’ve taken her to my trusted garage and they have assessed all the usual suspects i.e. suspension wheel arch brakes and wheel bearings but not found the likely suspect. There was mention of the axle being replaced but I’m not sure how relevant this is has anybody else experienced this? I live in Dubai so the climate is hot and sandy and it almost sounds like there is sand ingrained in the struts of the suspension but this would mean that the noise will be consistent surely? Answers on a postcard. Thanks in advance.

Below is a link to the video of me taking on a roundabout at 30kmh (fast forward to 27seconds)

There are no other symptoms, no feedback through the wheel, no clunking over

Last edited:

Vdubai

Car(s)
Mk7gti standard
Thanks for the suggestion.

Engine and gearbox mounts all replace during a recent service and the sound is still there…

Vdubai

Car(s)
Mk7gti standard
Yes service was 2 months ago. Sound appeared 9 months ago and is getting slightly worse and more frequent