GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Nope still not a stretched tire though… you’re saying stanced isn’t your cup of tea yet deciding what falls in the category of “stretched fitment” when that’s a “stanced” term being discussed.

That specific tire he is running on a 9” is spec’d as ideal to what the tire manufacture feels is the median point of matching up the wheel width to their spec. While it may “look” stretched to you, it don’t = a stretched tire. Leaving the spec window is when you are truly stretch or buldged (like when I ran a 235/40 on a 7.5)

We are just talking about different things Scott and I are stance oriented people so when we discuss stretch and fitment we are referring to stance things (it’s why his car is a lowrider currently and couldn’t run a 245 on a mild 45et offset)
You guys are just talking about your opinion of looks based on what someone is running on thier car in the end.

and 235 was the def the right car for my height......any "taller" and it would be rub-city all the time

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
New freebie wheel already ceramic coated and will cure in time for new tire on Friday 😎
IMG_4624.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My old Rockymounts was rusted, janky and needed to go. Picked up a used but new 1UP black rack for a steal. It’s actually really cool how it works
IMG_4735.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I will say.....it's a tank.....heavy and made the whole rack waaaaay more heavy.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I finally did the rear windshield wiper delete…..

This is my sentiment at first
IMG_4750.jpeg

That was incredibly hard to remove. AND I had the right tool to do it as well.

Got everything in place and RTV’d up, but it was too dark in the garage to really take a good pic…. I’ll post back up tomorrow in the daylight. Even in the dimly lit garage…. It looks so clean!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

View attachment 284406

Got everything in place and RTV’d up, but it was too dark in the garage to really take a good pic…. I’ll post back up tomorrow in the daylight. Even in the dimly lit garage…. It looks so clean!

i-said-hey-he-man (1).gif

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have NO clue how folks do it without that tool

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I told you. PB Blaster and rock it off. My GTI and first R, I didn't have the wiper arm puller 🤣

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I told you. PB Blaster and rock it off. My GTI and first R, I didn't have the wiper arm puller 🤣
I did that…24 hrs of letting that orange napalm soak too….no bueno

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

View attachment 284406

Reported.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Turned out better than I thought it would

IMG_4752.jpeg

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Will have to catch up as it's a big ass thread, but car looks great! Whereabout in VA are you located?

I don't care what the stance guys say, it's a very mild stretch going strictly off of tread/section width vs the wheel it's mounted on.
Tire sizing going strictly off of the nominal width(225, 245, etc) depends on the specific model and is useless IMO. A 225 Hoosier is wider than most 255 street tires. The Conti ECS runs a bit narrow compared to most 200TW but otherwise is pretty similar (relative width-wise) to most of the bobo shit the stance-bois install anyway. 🤣

For the record, a very mild stretch is actually ideal for (lateral, road course/auto-x type) performance since it better supports the sidewall and doesn't allow the rim to flop around inside the tire. Tirerack did a test somewhat recently:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=296

The above testing stuff applies even more to stuff like all-seasons and lesser non-200TW performance tires.

I have a set of 215/45R17 ECS on 7.5 wide stock wheels for track use in the rain. Having the very mild stretch helps tighten up steering feel which helps provide a more consistent/easily communicated breakaway as you exceed the tire's ideal slip angle.

*takes off nerd hat*

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Will have to catch up as it's a big ass thread, but car looks great! Whereabout in VA are you located?
Thanks! I'm over here just SW of Richmond......