GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Brakes looks even better behind those! And the Conti 235s fit great they don’t look stretched at all and with your low ride height on the 9s you should still be rub free on aggressive driving.

AJ…. Completely agree…. The TTRS are so much more visible…love it. And staying 235 was a good recommendation….I thought it would show more stretch and I’m glad it doesn’t…. Love the fact of keeping no rubbing too

They look good, always a fan of the five star. What made you enter summer with all seasons?

Mainly because I don’t have funds for two sets of tires 🤷🏼‍♂️

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Brakes looks even better behind those! And the Conti 235s fit great they don’t look stretched at all and with your low ride height on the 9s you should still be rub free on aggressive driving.
Definitely look stretched to me, but I like the chonky look

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Definitely look stretched to me, but I like the chonky look

Then they would just not be bulged, lol.

They are far from a “stretched” tire on a 18” 40series.

IMG_7493.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
AJ…. Completely agree…. The TTRS are so much more visible…love it. And staying 235 was a good recommendation….I thought it would show more stretch and I’m glad it doesn’t…. Love the fact of keeping no rubbing too

Mainly because I don’t have funds for two sets of tires 🤷🏼‍♂️

When you powdercoating the rear calipers black to match?

Or maybe powdercoating the TTRS ones red to match (and get rid of 'RS' text)?

:ROFLMAO:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
When you powdercoating the rear calipers black to match?

Or maybe powdercoating the TTRS ones red to match (and get rid of 'RS' text)?

:ROFLMAO:
Yeeeeeeeah have to now lol. Rears will turn black. Look at me…. I’m a TTRS lol

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Same here I like fat tires. Even the stock tires on the stock wheels are "stretched" too much for me.
I think if it were squared off (245 or 255) I’d have to raise up and would def rub

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
They are far from a “stretched” tire on a 18” 40series.
They are though, definitely not a lot... that little recurve right there is the first indication of a stretched tire. If it was needed to fit the wheel in the car, then so be it, but I rather use the widest tire/wheel possible unless I am going for a "stanced" look, which is not my cup of tea.

1685463432445.png

I think if it were squared off (245 or 255) I’d have to raise up and would def rub
That's what I thought, I really want to run a wider wheel upfront, but I think I will wait until I get the wider fenders to do so. I think you could have done 245. Because of the extra wheel going inside the stretch will actually set the tire close to where mine is. You got the 9" et45 right?

1685464125789.png

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Maiden/Salami/Monkey......I'm with ya....I wanted some meatier 245/255 especially with 9" width, but I've proven over the weekend with driving and going over bumps/driveways on an incline that had I not stuck with 235s....it would have been brutal....I'd rub on all four corners and I'm NOT adjusting coilovers, sooooooo here we are lol

it's FAR from what I call stanced look as I'm not into that scene

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
They are though, definitely not a lot... that little recurve right there is the first indication of a stretched tire. If it was needed to fit the wheel in the car, then so be it, but I rather use the widest tire/wheel possible unless I am going for a "stanced" look, which is not my cup of tea.

View attachment 282575
Nope still not a stretched tire though… you’re saying stanced isn’t your cup of tea yet deciding what falls in the category of “stretched fitment” when that’s a “stanced” term being discussed.

That specific tire he is running on a 9” is spec’d as ideal to what the tire manufacture feels is the median point of matching up the wheel width to their spec. While it may “look” stretched to you, it don’t = a stretched tire. Leaving the spec window is when you are truly stretch or buldged (like when I ran a 235/40 on a 7.5)

We are just talking about different things Scott and I are stance oriented people so when we discuss stretch and fitment we are referring to stance things (it’s why his car is a lowrider currently and couldn’t run a 245 on a mild 45et offset)
You guys are just talking about your opinion of looks based on what someone is running on thier car in the end.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If we are just going opinion based of looks I hold no bais at all- I loved how my wheels looked with too fat of tires 235 on 7.5” on them(takes more steering input) but I also loved how the tig wheels looks when I was running a TRUE stretched tire (called a mild stage 1 stretch,lol) with a 255 on 10.5” 😂. I really don’t dislike either look but if had to lean one way it’s Actually not in the favor of a stretch. I like a car with no wheel gap and a super fat side wall like you get with a 16” wheel to me honest.