GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
yeah I try and run logs as soon as I can, so very little wait time. He's buttoning it up top end and tweaking lower end, but love it......so much power almost quicker than the IS20 and holding it up top is what I was looking for.
We need to race, no E though.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Bro can't be putting stipulations like that....

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Hard to steer when the peak hits
1711567411306.gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
We need to race.... You need to be on bald winter tires though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Don't have the flex fuel tune yet....have to get paid before I can order, so we have a week lol

In all honesty, would love to see how it fairs against different set ups. Local guy is on E with a vortex so I'm going to see if we can find a legit place to roll from a dig and then rolling, just to see.

I still remember you posting "you literally didn't take anyone's advice....." LOL

Hard to steer when the peak hits
View attachment 301633
you got that right......she gets squirrely. Tuner wanted a 1-4 pull logged......out of the corner of my eye I was clearing 95+ and still pulling, but had to stop because I was running out of runway.

I am now in the "I need better tires" group lol

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
you got that right......she gets squirrely. Tuner wanted a 1-4 pull logged......out of the corner of my eye I was clearing 95+ and still pulling, but had to stop because I was running out of runway.

I am now in the "I need better tires" group lol

First 4th gear datalog I had to get during Vortex tuning cleared 145. That's when I decided to find a new spot.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
4th gear logs are called “let’s dyno tune” around my way. Even if there was a spot to really rip it, there’s always other people on the road.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
First 4th gear datalog I had to get during Vortex tuning cleared 145. That's when I decided to find a new spot.

4th gear logs are called “let’s dyno tune” around my way. Even if there was a spot to really rip it, there’s always other people on the road.
Exactly! I barely got into 4th and stopped. If he needs anything else I’ll have to hit up a dyno….. but really no reason…I have no daily reason to do that

PSA though….i was on an abandoned road with zero buildings, traffic, people or farm animals

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Exactly! I barely got into 4th and stopped. If he needs anything else I’ll have to hit up a dyno….. but really no reason…I have no daily reason to do that

PSA though….i was on an abandoned road with zero buildings, traffic, people or farm animals
Yeah - any time I really get into some dumb shit it’s where there are no driveways. Second it’s when traffic is light. I’ll prowl up and down the flat/less curvy spots waiting for enough of a gap that if anything goes south it doesn’t impact anybody else.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI

Yep, my new spot isn't ideal but I live about 5 miles from the end of a highway, that last mile or so is perfectly straight and flat, no on/off ramps, no places for anybody to hide or come out of nowhere, and it's usually pretty dead, especially at 6am when I get up to do my logs

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Well looks like that revision 6 it’s final and now the baseline for my incoming flex fuel tune……