GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
My build has stalled badly….. I’m amazed I even have an update. Part of my larger handling/braking desires, was finally able to snag a front isweep brace and just got it installed.

24CD81B3-67D0-41A7-8AC7-0E05A79FFCC7.jpeg

Aaaaand discovered my water pump has been leaking… yay. Time for the warranty call…

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was wondering what's been going on with your build since it's been a while that you posted anything.
Yeah….house issues, college crap, etc. for some reason, my bbk funds always goes to maintenance and other crap 🤷🏼‍♂️

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So get to get the water pump replaced under warranty…finally leaked enough and left enough dried residue on the oil pan to prove it to the dealership (49k miles). Bonus was having a local VW club member do the work and take a quick shot of the valves to check out carbon build up…..nada so far!
C8CA975B-2418-40ED-9D13-31EFA17187E4.jpeg
86F08C21-684D-47CB-9EEF-AA6CCA2FA2B7.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So the 18z BBK project failed badly….too much of a rabbit trail that is almost impossible to reverse. I’ve now begun the TT-S BBK project path using VAG parts bin’s write up…..stay tuned

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just circling back to this after your plug post. Did you take pics of any other valves besides #2 up there?
No…. That was my buddy at the dealership doing it at the last minute

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I don't like the orange. Have you logged the tune lately?
The orange tint? Wonder if that’s from flash, but no…haven’t logged. I’ll whatever I can via AP, but I’m an idiot when it comes to logging

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You put an E85 tune on and didn't even log it? Bold. Maybe I just have trust issues.
OTS tune and yeah….. just didn’t think about it. What should I log and look for?