Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Have an m12 impact driver I could try
I wouldn't use an electric impact personally. The one I linked works different because you hit it with a hammer and it applies force into the bolt while turning it essentially shocking it loose and preventing stripping

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I wouldn't use an electric impact personally. The one I linked works different because you hit it with a hammer and it applies force into the bolt while turning it essentially shocking it loose and preventing stripping
makes perfect sense.....hoping I don't need it lol.....no time to get it in.....might have to go old school

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
makes perfect sense.....hoping I don't need it lol.....no time to get it in.....might have to go old school
Lol just be a little patient with it. Hit it with PB blaster from the back of the rotor and let it settle into the threads for a bit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Gearwrench wouldn't get here in time from 'zon so I picked one up at Lowes....craftsman so appreciate the recommendation to get one!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Lol just be a little patient with it. Hit it with PB blaster from the back of the rotor and let it settle into the threads for a bit.

Definitely. Saved many a screw with one of these. Plus I find it damn satisfying to be able to smack the shit out of it with a BFH.
HOLY CRAP….. had I not picked one up…I’d have NEVER gotten the set screw or the dust shield screws out.

Much props to you all for that recommendation

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Lol, I remember that being about 20 minutes into me swapping brakes the first time and just thinking “fuck me now what”.
Glad it worked well for you.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
HOLY CRAP….. had I not picked one up…I’d have NEVER gotten the set screw or the dust shield screws out.

Much props to you all for that recommendation
Are you trimming your dust shields or ditching them?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Are you trimming your dust shields or ditching them?
Ditching them…. Talked with AJ and he had done the same…. I’m not tracking, so not too worried

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I mean, all my hardware came off with ease😂
1C61295A-BAE7-4E3A-84E7-89DBD9BB3754.jpeg
F399B163-CC36-4C51-B4E8-56CB71C50277.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Just realized I don’t have grease for the pins so they’re going in ungreased