GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I found myself searching for companies that offer built short blocks......they aren't that bad......could save up and get one in a few months.....too bad I have zero recommendations of whom to use though......

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I found myself searching for companies that offer built short blocks......they aren't that bad......could save up and get one in a few months.....too bad I have zero recommendations of whom to use though......
Might be cheaper to have your block built, source the parts yourself and have a trusted indie shop build it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Makes no sense with your turbo Scott.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Makes no sense with your turbo Scott.
Thank you for that common sense…. Needed that said. If anything ever happened I would just replace with stock short block I suppose.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Might be cheaper to have your block built, source the parts yourself and have a trusted indie shop build it.
The one I trust has mainly become a race shop now so pretty pricey

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The one I trust has mainly become a race shop now so pretty pricey
If you lived closer I would send you to my guy who does great work and is fair priced compared to everybody else but like what Daks mentioned, it's not needed for your turbo. Sure if you want peace of mind you could just do piston and rods but that's why I asked you what your end goal is yesterday. For 450, guys are doing that on a stock block without any issues.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If you lived closer I would send you to my guy who does great work and is fair priced compared to everybody else but like what Daks mentioned, it's not needed for your turbo. Sure if you want peace of mind you could just do piston and rods but that's why I asked you what your end goal is yesterday. For 450, guys are doing that on a stock block without any issues.
Yeah…. Needed to be reminded of that sense

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I assume your talking about wheel HP?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Had to

IMG_5993.jpeg