GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Turns out, fronts aren’t as bad to adjust height as I thought…. Biggest pain was just unhooking the leader lines
FA7A4ED0-1BA3-4FAF-B733-3FF9DB2318FC.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Been a minute since I had anything to update.

lowered the collars for more low and installed innovate E gauge and sensor, getting ready for corn

98AEF72E-10B5-45CF-BA74-B8F166577752.jpeg
4ADBFB72-3316-4C5C-BD22-5F250A96E8A8.jpeg
B20DBFD6-CEF3-4658-B852-C20B150DDE5A.jpeg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
so having watched a few vids and talked to several folks that have done the hpfp swap on their own....I think I can tackle it. Planning this in stages too.....getting everything so I have it all on hand....so when I swap out the internals, I have the tune waiting....fuel in a can waiting and EVERYTHING ready...due to doing this in my garage.

that said...I have no workbench. Never really needed one....I just used the garage floor. Not for this job though....so had to backwards plan a little bit and put together a workbench. Finding the studs was a PITA....blocking area above the cinder blocks was to high, so needed to lag screw some 2x4s into the lower end of the interior studs. Finished product.....a usable, foldable workbench that will work great for this first hpfp job!

CF9184D9-16AA-4E89-ABAC-F97991038D1A.jpeg
22A073C6-BD88-438B-9400-E6C7106535BA.jpeg

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yea, you’ll be fine brother. Once I actually got the pump out of my car I got it all done in about 20 minutes.

Also: did you just buy a butchers block top or something for the work bench? It looks great.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yea, you’ll be fine brother. Once I actually got the pump out of my car I got it all done in about 20 minutes.

Also: did you just buy a butchers block top or something for the work bench? It looks great.
That’s good to hear!

it was a kit from Home Depot actually. I was going to build one myself, but total cost wasn’t much more

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Wow that’s nice, do you have a link for it? Or name of product? I’d like a work bench for the front of my garage when working on the car, but would need a foldable like that to fit.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
so having watched a few vids and talked to several folks that have done the hpfp swap on their own....I think I can tackle it. Planning this in stages too.....getting everything so I have it all on hand....so when I swap out the internals, I have the tune waiting....fuel in a can waiting and EVERYTHING ready...due to doing this in my garage.

that said...I have no workbench. Never really needed one....I just used the garage floor. Not for this job though....so had to backwards plan a little bit and put together a workbench. Finding the studs was a PITA....blocking area above the cinder blocks was to high, so needed to lag screw some 2x4s into the lower end of the interior studs. Finished product.....a usable, foldable workbench that will work great for this first hpfp job!

View attachment 236226View attachment 236227
E85 is20 OTS tune eventually?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Our just a C clamp on 2x4's at a construction site

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Drill some holes at the front left corner. Mount a vice.
I was waiting for it to come in. Picked it up this morning and Bam
1EFCB8A2-012F-43EA-8707-A0B5E62D081A.jpeg