GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gretel's build..…takes the "drink me" potion

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So this won't be most people's cup of tea, but I like them.... Plus when it's country dark on country roads and it's deer season....nuff said.

Wiring and night shots will be completed this weekend, but mounting got finished (have some cleaning up to do, but test mounting done). The mounts were specifically created to mount in that exact spot on the lower grill (and on an allroad, so not exactly the same)....I personally would have preferred lower, but it is what it is.

20200109_072712_kindlephoto-984719.jpg
20200109_072704_kindlephoto-1047326.jpg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I think they would look better on pre facelift with halogen headlights. More in character.

Would like to see the light output though and how you wired them

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ I will admit it takes a little bit of getting used to but I really wanted the lights, so I will make the look work! Final wiring to be done today with hopefully a picture of output

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
New chapter coming soon:

EQT.JPG

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
looks good so far - so wish i could have snagged a 7.5, the front end is so sharp!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
So I'm just in a waiting period now until I get my EQT tune emailed to me. OEM....so slow-ish. I will say though, ironically, the DSG shifts better OEM than Uni stg 2....I'm hoping the EQT DSG is a nice happy middle ground.

While I'm waiting....I'm now thinking of selling my fast FC04s and going a different route.....and getting an aerofabb spoiler. Sheesh......the bug never stops!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Installing this bad boy on Sat

20200204_170355.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Mounted. I was actually surprised how easy this was. Instructions, parts and product was to notch!

20200208_113557_HDR.jpg
20200208_113603_HDR.jpg
20200208_113635.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Spoiler looks amazing. Love the nine line decal also! Hows the aluminum splitter coming?

Lol oh I wish I was further along! I'm stuck with where I have to get the spacers and bolts.... Sounds easy, but.... Life lol

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Lol oh I wish I was further along! I'm stuck with where I have to get the spacers and bolts.... Sounds easy, but.... Life lol
Oh I understand completely! I have a stack of parts waiting to go on now. It will probably be next weekend before I can tackle it.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Received EQT's pro tune finally! Flashed yesterday afternoon then ran the logs for Ed (idling, driving normally, 3rd gear WOT). Emailed Ed back and waiting for tweaks and DSG tune!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Been a month and still haven't received the second revision from Ed, so.... ?

Also, couldn't fight it anymore and took the Hella lights away.
20200307_133021.jpg

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Been a month and still haven't received the second revision from Ed, so.... ?

Also, couldn't fight it anymore and took the Hella lights away.
View attachment 167244
I know he’s mad busy. Check your spam inbox too. I had a file he sent sit in mine for nearly 2 weeks without knowing.