GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Great site for getting LEDed up

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I'm tempted to get the full interior package as well.

raptor2

H15 Ledperf

spent a whopping £105 on a bunch of lights from the ledperf website, vanity lights, front and rear ceiling lights, glove box, boot, front fogs, main beam and drl/high beam and will install them on the weekend and let you lot know how it went and before and after pics.

I discovered Ledperf about 6 weeks ago local auto elec company said they look ok. Ledperf informed me that you have to file the locator pins on the bulb file and instructions provided so not sure myself but look forward to your post at the weekend.
Cheers

Mummbles

Car(s)
Na
spent a whopping £105 on a bunch of lights from the ledperf website, vanity lights, front and rear ceiling lights, glove box, boot, front fogs, main beam and drl/high beam and will install them on the weekend and let you lot know how it went and before and after pics.

Make sure you take plenty of pics when replacing the Map/Reading lights. I'm still trying to find out how to get them out.

GolfTDi2

I managed to fit the easy bulbs but struggled to find out how the map/reading lights came off, i have the vw workshop manual on how to this, send me a pm with your email address and i will happily send them to you.

GTD184

Ready to race!
Due to forum rules I have resisted from naming the company for whom I purchased a full set of interior LED's for the interior of my Audi A4 Avant. I purchased my LED's from a very reputable company based in the East Midlands who has supplied many interior and exterior LED light kits for VW and Audi owners at extremely reasonable prices.

Heres a few images of my Audi with the LED interior light pack installed (A total 20 LED bulbs fitted!!)

Attachments

• SSC_0374.JPG
    SSC_0374.JPG
    213.7 KB · Views: 1,535
  • SSC_0375.JPG
    SSC_0375.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 1,580
  • SSC_0376.JPG
    SSC_0376.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 1,519
  • SSC_0377.JPG
    SSC_0377.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 1,502
  • SSC_0378.JPG
    SSC_0378.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 1,570
  • SSC_0379.JPG
    SSC_0379.JPG
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,492
Last edited:

PureWhiteSE

How did it all go??

Tempted to purchase, but not without any assured experiences out there!

JohnV1

Ready to race!
Finally bought some interior LED's to replace the appalling standard incandescent bulbs that VW still fit to some of the interior light sources, most notably the dreadful boot light and the laughable glove box light (which I can barely tell that it's on).

They only take a couple of minutes to install and there are no MFD errors. Basically a tenner for 2 packs of LED's (2 x glovebox/vanity + 2 x boot type).

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151219722937?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161248151619?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I don't understand why VW have a pick & mix of interior LED's and incandescent's. The overhead reading lights are factory fit LED's, the GT door light strip is LED, why not do the rest of them? The units are so cheap these days.

I've still got the fog lamp LED's to install as those are a bit more involved. Once again, the standard fog bulbs are a complete joke, they're almost yellow in comparison to the bi-xenon's and hardly throw any light at all, particularly when we actually had 3 days of fog here.

Attachments

• LED bulbs.JPG
    LED bulbs.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,528

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Thanks John - I've already got the boot ones, so I'll order the vanity ones (I'm guessing they are the ones on the left in your pic). Nice cheap upgrade. EDIT: mine being an SE though we don't get the LED ceiling lights so I'll need those - are they the same as the boot or the vanity mirrors or totally different?

Last edited:

JohnV1

Ready to race!
Jon, the glovebox is the one on the left (flat looking T10) but for overhead vanity mirrors it's the 36mm LED units (as opposed to the boot one's which are 42mm). I just removed the original bulbs and measured them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151219559939?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Basically the long cylindrical bulbs are 2 different lengths in the Golf.

With the glovebox, it's just slightly more fiddly in that you need to un-hook the small metal casing. Just carefully pry it off with a screwdriver, pop in the LED and snap back the metal case and re-connect to the cable. If it doesn't work, it generally means you've got the polarity the wrong way round, flip the LED around and it'll work fine. It's all 12v low power stuff.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Ahh, right you are. Thanks John, will order those.

veew

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought these for the visor vanity lights: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/390749137373?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It turns out they're too wide and don't point straight down. Therefore they're either angled more towards the person or towards the visor (which doesn't illuminate the person's face that well). They don't really get used much so I've got the passenger one facing towards the passenger, the driver side towards the visor (to minimise glare/light desensitisation). Worth keeping in mind if you're looking to replace the vanity lights.

I'll probably get these down the track: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10x36mm-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b82c30ae&_uhb=1

Last edited:

redbutcher

Ready to race!
The ones below in JohnVs post above work perfectly in the vanity mirrors and aren't too bright as I would think the ones you have are far too bright?

clicky