GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Great site for getting LEDed up

veew

Passed Driver's Ed
On one of the threads I was reading, the 9LED 36mm was reported to be pretty good with regards to brightness. Some have tried the 16 LED 42mm ones which were reported to be too bright. When I get time I'll reinstall the standard globes into one side and take a photo of them from the back of the car.

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Ahh, fair enough. Yes, the 16 ones would be far too bright, though the 9 ones don't fit very well. I have the ones in my post above in my vanity mirrors and they are perfect.

veew

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the boot LEDs (16LED) I ordered were not 42mm as advertised, thought I'd try them out in the vanity lights just to see in person how they fared facing towards the visor and towards the passenger.

39mm 16LED passenger side, facing towards passenger / Standard bulb driver side.

39mm 16LED passenger side facing towards passenger / 39mm 9LED driver side facing towards driver.

I sat in the passenger side and found that the 16LED facing the passenger illuminated the face much better, sitting in the drivers side I wasn't too bothered by the brightness of the passenger side light. I will see if it is too bright for me during actual night time driving.

I ended up leaving the 16led in the passenger side facing the passenger, 9led in the driver side facing the visor.

Last edited:

redbutcher

Ready to race!
/off topic

Lovely seats you have there :)

golfonsteroids

Passed Driver's Ed
Are the Golf 6 interior lights similar to Golf 7 ones? Saw a Golf 6 set that looks really good on a website, shame they don't mention anything about the Mk7

GolfPilot

Ready to race!
Anyone has experience with this site and their products?

I've recently bought LEDs from ledperf, vanity mirrors, glovebox and boot. Cost £15.90 for set inc. delivery. Makes a huge difference, lovely white light! Delivered from France in 3 days, everything went smoothly.

GP

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
deautokey.com

Thanks for suggesting our company.

We have many LEDs for your GTI MKVII and adding more daily:
http://deautokey.com/category/mkvii-gti-leds

Our most popular items to date:
License Plate LED [Crisp White/Error Free/Plug & Play]:
These come with outside resistors and this is the best way to eliminate the errors, yes you can use VCDs, but many people want to skip that and have an easy plug and play install. This product will allow for a clean simply and easy install. The same set up has been running on many GTI MKVII already.

http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-license-plate-leds-error-free-plug-play

Trunk LED Strip [Evenly Lights your trunk/Error Free/Plug & Play/Crisp White]:
http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-trunk-led-strip-bright-crisp-white-error-free-plug-play

We will be adding vanity, glove box and interior LEDs if your car is not stock with them already.