GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Grand tour GTi

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
s01e13

The Grand Tour tent is in Dubai for the final show of the season in which Jeremy Clarkson pits his old fashioned Volkswagen Golf GTI against Jinkames May's electrically powered BMW i3, Richard Hammond learns how to drift, James is forced to take part in a weird sport called winching, and the Bugatti Veyron drag races against the Porsche 918 Spyder.

here's the link https://www.amazon.com/The-Grand-Tour-Season-1/dp/B01J94A5GQ

bh36913

Passed Driver's Ed
Even as a Prime member, I haven't watched the Grand Tour since the second episode because it was a BITTER disappointment. Top Gear was amazing up until the last few seasons when the show got so obviously scripted and boring. The Grand Tour picked right back up on that scripted, almost awkward to watch crap.

But I did just watch the part with the GTI and it was OK. The best part was Jeremy giving May that look when they were lined up for the drag race like, please, you don't stand a chance!

Anybody else wonder how in the world The Grand Tour has such great ratings and reviews? I just don't get it. I mean in the second episode, the guys keep "dying" from grenades and gunfire and respawn to try again??? Who writes this crap?

END RANT

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
"If you drive a GTI you're going to get to where you're going more quickly. Which means you're going to meet more people, have more experiences, learn more stuff, speed makes you cleverer" - Clarksons on the MK7 GTI

Last edited:

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
A pleasant surprise seeing his personal GTI make a appearance for the finale! The show has definitely improved since it started but still has a long way to go. We'll see what next season holds!

For those curious about his car, here are some screen grabs from the segment:

Attachments

• gti_1.jpg
    gti_1.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 1,176
  • gti_2.jpg
    gti_2.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 1,245
  • gti_3.jpg
    gti_3.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 1,181
  • gti_4.jpg
    gti_4.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 1,181
  • gti_5.jpg
    gti_5.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 2,027

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Even as a Prime member, I haven't watched the Grand Tour since the second episode because it was a BITTER disappointment. Top Gear was amazing up until the last few seasons when the show got so obviously scripted and boring. The Grand Tour picked right back up on that scripted, almost awkward to watch crap.

But I did just watch the part with the GTI and it was OK. The best part was Jeremy giving May that look when they were lined up for the drag race like, please, you don't stand a chance!

Anybody else wonder how in the world The Grand Tour has such great ratings and reviews? I just don't get it. I mean in the second episode, the guys keep "dying" from grenades and gunfire and respawn to try again??? Who writes this crap?

END RANT

Because every episode gets better then the previous

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion

END RANT
Agree with all this and that second episode with the war scene was ridiculous to the point where I almost gave up on it too. The writing is weak, and it's cheesy how they made James May such a dufus character. That said, it is the best produced and most interesting car show on TV right now. Gotta love those guys even if the writers script in the drivel. I do miss Top Gear though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'm a diehard Top Gear fan, I've watched every episode at least ten times. That being said, this isn't Top Gear. It's awesome to see the boys back together finally, and while the new show has the usual growing pains, I'm going to stick with it because I know it can be great.

Give it time, the first season of a fantastic show is often weak.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
I've enjoyed it. You guys gotta remember how hard it is for the them to do this show without getting sued for copying top gear lol hense the celebrity Brain crash and such. They are walking on a thin piece ice and are doing stuff so they don't get sued.

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

cldlhd

Go Kart Champion
I've enjoyed it. You guys gotta remember how hard it is for the them to do this show without getting sued for copying top gear lol hense the celebrity Brain crash and such. They are walking on a thin piece ice and are doing stuff so they don't get sued.

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

I get that but I don't see how a celebrity interview is copyrighted. Lots of shows have them. Maybe the celebrity hot lap in a reasonably priced car is verboten. Even if it isn't always great it's still worth watching. I thought the GTI vs i3 was a pretty good piece. I like the road trip features.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I just wish they focused a bit more on car reviews and challenges. That's what made the old show great. They've added alot of silly stuff that makes you scratch your head and seem to waste alot of time plus a ton of Amazon's money on things that aren't all that funny.

I still like the show and it has improved as the season went on. Worst episode was the one with the war scene. Wtf?

bh36913

Passed Driver's Ed
Agree with all this and that second episode with the war scene was ridiculous to the point where I almost gave up on it too. The writing is weak, and it's cheesy how they made James May such a dufus character. That said, it is the best produced and most interesting car show on TV right now. Gotta love those guys even if the writers script in the drivel. I do miss Top Gear though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I just stick with my Youtube channels like TheSmokingTire, SavageGeese, EricThe CarGuy, etc. Youtube is soooo much better than any of the garbage that is on actual TV