GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GPS Maps

silverchar

Ready to race!
Hi, my brand new 2014 AUS GTI only has 2011 maps. Can anyone let me know if they get newer VW Maps and can give me a copy of the new maps?

silverchar

Ready to race!
Try posting in this Oz forum:
http://fixmygps.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=147
or maybe VWWatercooled.
From what I have seen the VW gps looks very much like my old IGO8 which is highly customizable with different voices, POI and maps....all via an SD card.
I don't have gps in my MK7 and was quoted $2,200 last week to intergrate an aftermarket one into the centre media display.

cheers...Valvster

So I just downloaded a package called AUS_NZ_R19
Will this work? I will just copy this to a new SD card and test? Also it has speedcam folder! Will it wreck the car if it is the wrong package?

Wolksvagen

Banned
Hi, my brand new 2014 AUS GTI only has 2011 maps. Can anyone let me know if they get newer VW Maps and can give me a copy of the new maps?

We get the same maps here (same region) and I can confirm that 2011 in as up to date as they come as of Jan 2014 based on my current Mk7 Golf.

To say this is piss poor on a $2750 system (nav pro) is an understatement, maybe we should rally together and pester VW to stop taking our hard earnt $ and ignoring the entire region.

The level of support European customers get is (whilst still poor) light years ahead of the lousy effort they go to down here....They even charge 10-20% more for the car!

No tracking on car orders, no update facility for infotainment system, no map updates at all, parts and accessories marked up 100%, far fewer options, no packages in NZ on new car (you do get these in Aust).

Its just as well I like the Golf otherwise I wouldn't normally hand my money over to such a lousy company (all WV group included).

peekay342

Thats why I have gone after market though I have ordered a GTI which comes with the Sat Nav there is a another radio that has a 8.5 inch screen but uses IGO primo. I will be removing my VW satnav when it arrives and replacing it. I want speed camera warnings, overspeed and maps that at least get update 3 times a year.

TDIjeff

The dealer tells me he has had no requests for maps on any of the 5.8" SD VWs in 2 years.
He said go to the VW site and download them your self.
I did go to the euro site that seent me to the Navteq OZ vehicle site where i enter VW to be told they don't do VW.
The US site says 2014 TDI/TSI 2.0 is upto date BUT the 2013 TDI/TSI update is USD$199.

what does yopur dealer tell you ?

Radish

I agree. I have a new GOlf Mk 7 wagon, and for Australia the satnav is hopeless. Not only does it use the old road numbering system ( I am in NSW), but the voice cannot pronounce streets, and it is full of misleading information, and on 3 occasions now, it has led me in an anti-clockwise loop around backstreets mid-journey, only to end up where I started! I have complained to VW, but can't get anyone to listen. I have sent the salesman a list of about 20 instances of examples of unacceptable errors. this is an expensive system, but I have non back to my far superior (and far cheaper) TomTom.