GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a quote of 1500$ for installing Lowering springs.....

695232269@qq.com

Went to an auto service shop, quote 350$ for stalling lowering spring. More than spring themselves, give up,
Drive to VW dealership,
“Ur car have front brake assist, so let me see here....roughly...um...about 1500$, include wheels alignment and front brake assist recalibrate.”
Respond with the smiling on my face:” Thank u.” and leave.:)

Also, some other quotes I get from different place:
‘exhaust tips weld on: 125$....for each
dogbone insert install: 110$
lowering springs: ‘ur car has level sensor? Okay, that gonna be 1100$’.
Thank u, I appreciate all that. ;) :giggle:

I go to a car wash and call it a day.?

This car will stay stock forever.

End.

JK, will keep looking for more affordable ways to mod.

Last edited:

695232269@qq.com

Just found a mod that I can do it myself, so guess I won’t stay stock long.
0E22C299-B3C3-45F1-AFCF-FFE950A4A9C1.jpeg

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
I mean if you really want something you can do by yourself a dogbone insert is pretty damn easy to throw in with basic tools and a jack. Certainly no need to pay ~$100 for instillation at a shop.

695232269@qq.com

I mean if you really want something you can do by yourself a dogbone insert is pretty damn easy to throw in with basic tools and a jack. Certainly no need to pay ~$100 for instillation at a shop.
Yep, that’s true.
I just thought that’s the stuff that can be done with 20-30bucks so.
Also I don’t have garage and park outside. Rain all the time

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yep, that’s true.
I just thought that’s the stuff that can be done with 20-30bucks so.
Also I don’t have garage and park outside. Rain all the time

$ 20-30??? how is a shop going to keep doors open let alone make a profit with something like that...

sounds like its the best idea to stay stock or figure how to wrench on your own.

You need to get some tools and work on your own car if you want to start modding. With an inexpensive ratchet set you can do almost anything. It boggles my mind that people pay these prices.
Ive done springs on all my cars myself but... when considering 350 quote you really think a shop that's got to pay a monthly lease payment, utilities, insurance on top of other cost of business expenses is really making a killing doing this work?

695232269@qq.com

Why not, Jack it up, take out bolt, put it on, screw on bolt.
I don’t know why is not possible. Even just a favor to do to gain some reputation in the community around is worth it IMO.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
$20-$30, Why not, Jack it up, take out bolt, put it on, screw on bolt.
I don’t know why is not possible. Even just a favor to do to gain some reputation in the community around is worth it IMO.
A meal from a good restaurant costs more than food from the grocery store. Do you expect restaurants to lower their prices for you so they can build their reputation? Since all they have to do is throw it on the grill for a few minutes and put it on a plate.

Have you told your boss that they could pay you less just so you can build up your reputation in your line of work? That's essentially what you are proposing here...

I clearly don't know your background and life experiences, but you have a lot to learn about the way a business is run and the way the world works.