Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Four times?

Me waiting for Bag Riders to have a 25% off sale like the old days:

196CAC28-8D6E-44A8-9F6C-74390DD15EBA.jpeg

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
You're in MA, so right now in January, there's no rush to get better tires or install an intercooler. You can go stage 1/drop in air cleaner now and run your crappy tires and wimpy intercooler while saving for these upgrades. You'll get to learn how to drive a high powered FWD car with crappy traction. If you want to do something, add a 24mm-25mm rear sway bar and Moog links. I'd also prioritize a VCDS (my choice) or OBDII diagnostic cable/dongle. There are a myriad of things you can tweak to make your driving experience more fun and exciting.

I prefer to run summer tires on separate wheels from April-October, and real snows in the winter, but I'm a luddite. I've always done it this way on my GTI's. Another thing to think about. Do you have a place to work on your car that's out of the weather?

Once you get to stage 1 with good tires and a proper clutch or DSG tune, you'll want to think about motor/transmission/dogbone mounts.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Tons of back and forth tune wars going on. Meanwhile, the OP is like...
giphy.gif

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Humor is lost on Golfmk7.com/forums
My mistake if your post was sarcasm.
It can be hard to tell a straight up sarcasm post online.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
My mistake if your post was sarcasm.
It can be hard to tell a straight up sarcasm post online.
It was more facetious than sarcastic. I wasn’t intending to rip flesh 😂

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Thus the emoji rule for sarcasm. That's how I got the nickname literal Jim by not recognizing the difference between sarcasm and ignorance.
I'll grant you a laugh emoji for that one!

mfrench2022

Ready to race!
Car(s)
mk7.5 r
Not sure where you are located in Mass, however, I am swapping from JB4 on my car to Cobb this weekend. Going to run OTS tune then come spring when rest of my parts arrive going to go to BrenTunning in Upton for a Pro-Tune. Bren is is very well known and has tuned quite a few of my friends cars with solid results.