GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good Golf R Deals ATM

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
Just went and got my GTI serviced at my local dealer. Saw they had 5 Rs on display (usually only have one) then saw they actually have 16 in stock. Saw the other local dealer has about 18 in stock. Has a shipload of Rs arrived recently? They were priced from 37 - 39,000 are these good deals?

Almost tempted to upgrade!
I just came from a '16 GTI to a '19 R, so take this with a grain of salt, but yes. Yes you should upgrade.

If you can get money off, that's even better. I managed to get a bit of a deal because the 4 local dealerships brought in a ton of new cars, just as our economy tanked. Nothing was moving, so they were willing to bargain, but only a little. Still happy that I made the swap though.

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
How about $3,686 or more off msrp?
Screenshot_20200105-210713_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200105-210728_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200105-210722_Chrome.jpg

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Just went and got my GTI serviced at my local dealer. Saw they had 5 Rs on display (usually only have one) then saw they actually have 16 in stock. Saw the other local dealer has about 18 in stock. Has a shipload of Rs arrived recently? They were priced from 37 - 39,000 are these good deals?

Almost tempted to upgrade!

Rumor I heard was the VW USA ordered enough Rs at the end of 2019 to meet 2020 demand. Hoping its true because I'll be in the market for one around May/June. There are about 800 new ones on cars.com which is about 25% of what they sold in 2018.

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Bought mine in the Phoenix Metro area on July 30th, 2019.

Brand new w/ black package

Paid $38,500 for the car which was $4,500 off MSRP. $42,800 OTD

martinm0

Bought mine in the Phoenix Metro area on July 30th, 2019.

Brand new w/ black package

Paid $38,500 for the car which was $4,500 off MSRP. $42,800 OTD

Ouch. Is the sales tax/doc fees that high in that area? I bought my 6MT in Vermont on 7/29/19 for $39k.

$128 TTR
$245 Doc Fee
$895 Dealer Included (Forced) Accessories
$41,959 MSRP

$41,727 OTD

BLKMGK1

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just bought one tonight! (1st Post) Lapis Blue, standard wheels, and DSG. Been trying to get a deal since November. There had been a large number of them in my area, Northern Va, but they're slowly selling out. TL;DR Price OTD was $40,700 and I used VW financing, I'll probably refi in a few months.

Sterling dealer (Lindsey) was all about being one of THE highest volume dealers!!11! Jerked me around and played games until the combination I wanted was gone (Lapis and black wheels) starting back in November. Second choice was Ti gray and black wheels and they finally offered an OTD price that was decent but it was exhausting. I wanted blue so I looked a little further first! I'd bought a car from these folks previously through a buyer's service (who tried to send me to MD when I contacted them and that dealer never called me back) so I expected a little better treatment. Nice salesperson, crappy games with prices and trying to get me to come down and haggle for another few hours. Let me test drive a 17.

Karen Radley VW in Woodbridge. Told them I wanted $40K OTD for their Blue/Black showroom queen and was told to "come on down". After driving out there an hour, filling out loan paperwork for them (stupidly), they laid a $45K price on me! They begged me to not leave as I was about to get in the car to go, I was pissed! They offered to give me my desired price on a different car - Ti/black. No thanks, bait and switch someone else, I left. They later texted me wanting to talk but nothing after the first text. <shrug> Already had a handle drooping on the blue car too heh.

A search showed a blue with OEM wheels in Tysons - very close to friend's home. I used the cars.com response thingy to ask for an OTD. They wanted more details about registration state and whatnot. I gritted my teeth, took a chance, and called them - George was with a customer and would get back to me (it was late). I waited a bit and texted him using the number on his email. He said he'd get back to me early the next morning and I figured I was in for another ride - I was preparing to buy the car in Sterling. The next day true to his word he sent me a number and said he would work against other offers. I had to wait a day to get over there thanks to a snow storm, they had one blue car left. I went tonight, no muss, no fuss, friendly, no pushing or games - I was in SHOCK! No issues if I wanted to test drive it either. True to their word they worked with my other offer too. After agreed on a price and it was being prepped (no holes for plate thanks!) I chatted for at least 30mins with George and his manager - it was so nice to feel comfortable for a change. Financing was quick, no real pushing on added warranty (just the facts), and this guy was also pretty cool. They explained how their customer philosophy, pricing, etc. and just came across as honest. So, a shout out to George D. and his manager for restoring my faith in VW - whew!

davcohen

Ready to race!
As a car dealer I can tell you car sales (down south atleast) have pretty much dried up, you should be able to haggle most dealers down as they are just desperate to sell something..... literally anything. Recent case Audi dealerships were offering brand new Audi A8's with an MSRP of $95k over the phone for $65k I literally couldnt believe it

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
Yeah almost all FL dealers have crazy doc fee. This dealer in particular is not specifying the doc fee in their listing.

899 dealer fees there !!.... been trying to buy one from this dealer for a week now, they are absolutely awful to deal with. Lured me in saying they could do something on the price still, and after showing up they would not do anything at all.... AND I bought my wife’s Alltrack from them 6 months ago.
I guess money is more important than customer service there.

the way they acted with me definitely made me think about going to a different brand.
I have 2 appointments to test drive the M240i instead.
Sad to say my GTI might be my last VW.

Frenchyfromfl

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19 Golf R DSG
As a car dealer I can tell you car sales (down south atleast) have pretty much dried up, you should be able to haggle most dealers down as they are just desperate to sell something..... literally anything. Recent case Audi dealerships were offering brand new Audi A8's with an MSRP of $95k over the phone for $65k I literally couldnt believe it

Not sure where you work but I guess not all of them are ready to do anything for a sale.... not the experience I am having now with one of them