GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Good centering rings

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
Already I'm ready to put a fork in this one and call it done.
The metal rings have solved the issue. I've applied a small amount of anti-seize to the inside or hub contact surfaces of the ring itself and twisted it around to get even coverage. I did a super small amount as I wanted to avoid any ooze onto the hub/wheel faces.

I've taken the wheels off twice since and driven several hundred miles with no issues.

Last AutoX of the year is this weekend so I'll be doing one last swap but I'm confident the issue is resolved. In the end I'm not entirely sure what the exact issue was. The metal rings fit more loosely than the plastic ones did. \
The bad new is one of the wheels already has a chip in the paint so I'm contacting Konig to see if they have a filler paint kit or touch-up options.

Thank you to everyone that offered advice and help.

yeahforbes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Golf R DSG
touch-up options
When I had custom powdercoated wheels that got chipped by a non-touchless tire mounting machine (and then minor curb rash -- oops) the powder manufacturer's suggestion was to have an auto body mix some regular touch up paint. I took the swatch (supplied by the powder company) to a body shop and they made me a little (4oz?) bottle of paint that was pretty close but not perfect. I think the actual wheels had faded a bit compared to the swatch. 99% better than seeing raw alloy though! Just an idea.