GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"GOLFTOU" trying to Scam Me

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Hello All,

A couple months ago I posted a "WTB" thread for a lower engine cover. I just received a PM from a user by the name of "GOLFTOU", a Junior Member with 0 posts. His PM states the exact message from a post on Vortex (https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthr...disguised-as-new-members-rampant!&p=113671649), with the exception of 1 word. He then instructed me to contact another unknown person by the email of robgm365@gmail.com This is clearly a scam, and just wanted to spread the word!

I hope you guys can see the message in the image below:

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Thanks for the tip, I actually bought one not too long after I put up the WTB post. I knew right away that this was a scam, that's why I decided to share.
Not the first time i see such posts. "Email this guy, email that guy". Surprised they think they can fool someone like that.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
But, what if they're actually legitimately selling hundred dollar bills for the low low price of just 20 bucks, with other buyers knocking down their door, act now now now?

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Not the first time i see such posts. "Email this guy, email that guy". Surprised they think they can fool someone like that.

I replied and basically told him that he and this robgm person can shove it, I am still waiting for a response.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I replied and basically told him that he and this robgm person can shove it, I am still waiting for a response.

Let me know if he's got a good line on herbal junk enlarging pills. I'm fresh out.

Dan00Hawk

Go Kart Newbie
I enjoy leading them on a bit. Saying I'm actually going to be in their town on business, or a good friend of mine lives nearby and we can do the transaction in person. That usually calls their bluff and they'll make excuses or disappear, which confirms it's a scam.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Wow, so that's how PayPal works, too? Needing pictures to verify transactions? I thought I was the only one that happened to.

The last person I dealt with kn a forum transaction said he required a dick pic with my user ID written in an approximation of Times New Roman font. Ran out of space. Really early. If only golftou had an herbal remedy for me.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I enjoy leading them on a bit. Saying I'm actually going to be in their town on business, or a good friend of mine lives nearby and we can do the transaction in person. That usually calls their bluff and they'll make excuses or disappear, which confirms it's a scam.

I'm not going to lie, when I got the message I was going to screw with this guy a bit, but I was like nah I'll just expose him.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I love Tapatalk ads, they are so quick by monitoring your convos. I actually just got one for boner pills, but stupidly didn't think to take a screenshot, and I can't recreate it, it's just not coming back.

Damn it.

Well, they are also feeding me ads about ford SUVs.... so kinda a dick enlarger?

Ads about PayPal, ecommerce, hacking/scamming. Gotta love Tapatalk.

Edit: Aaaaand now they're all about becoming a fully paid member thereby making Tapatalk ad free for me.

So, how does the PayPal scam that these guys are trying to do work?

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm not going to lie, when I got the message I was going to screw with this guy a bit, but I was like nah I'll just expose him.

I would prefer that he and Johnnloki don't get exposed.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Lol. Be honest now... you specifically requested me holding today's new York times in the nude with my user name written on my junk in order to sell me oil drain plugs.

Need evidence?

I would prefer that he and Johnnlocki don't get exposed.

Clearly, I did not have enough room for the final part of my user name, hence your inability to spell the last part of it properly. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Last edited: