GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I got this fun little mobile tool cart over the weekend. I love it. I have several new socket sets coming to me (SK Tools), but current stuck in Covid19..

1598282145948.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Tomorrow going to be working on my other cars.. brake bleed/flush on my STI and FiST. With only 7k miles on the odo, I decided to do my Golf-R's brakes next season.

I also got a little 32 pack Gladiator (gray/black) tile set coming to me tomorrow which I plan to place under my tool case and work bench. Should be a fun weekend.

Installed these on my Supra the other day.

1598642773427.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Next up I am going to make another attempt on the FiST rear motor mount this week. This is the last car-related project for this season.. well besides the usual detail/sealant prep before winter and putting things away.

I had the BoombaRacing one installed, but NVH was crazy too much for an older guy like me so I have a Cobb one coming to me tomorrow. It is supposed to be milder than the Boomba, but still significantly stiffer than stock (stock is mush).

After this, I need to do oil changes on my snow thrower, portable Honda generator, and the Kohler whole house generator in prep for winter.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
So I bought the 10” width Flatstoppers by Raceramps this time to try under the STI and WRX ( both run 245’s all around) since I will be hibernating 4 cars this winter and needed 2 more sets. To my surprise the foam is very soft in comparison to the 14” ones I bought over a decade ago.. so soft that I got concerned it was defective, and called RaceRamps.

Turns out they changed the material recently to a more memory foam like chemistry which contours to the tire better, yet bounces back to the original shape after use. Hummmmm. I tried a set under my STI to test and yeah it does hold the weight of the car no problem.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Also ordered the 14" new version Flatstoppers. These will be placed under my SUPRA to protect the factory Pilot SuperSports.

I had to order a new shelf for the garage because the new Flatstopers are several inches longer than the originals and no longer fit inside my cabinets. Which is fine, I needed to organize the storage area of my garage anyway.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
More OT stuff since I don't have plans to drive my Golf-R until mid/late-September..

Look at how disgusting our chassis look in just 4.5yrs.. this is on my 2016 FiST I bought used last Thanksgiving.. the car was previously leased by someone in the norther state. This is why I hibernate my fun cars including my Golf-R. Yuck..

I installed the new rear motor mount his morning. Perfect! NVH is near stock and firmness is significantly stiffer than stock. Then swapped the cabin filter as well.. which appeared was never changed by the original leasee. Car has 21.5K miles.

Next year will probably need to swap the front tires and new brake pads.

1599237822446.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Made a battery manager rail for the SUPRA.. This enables me to charge the car from behind through the bottom of the engine bay while running the wire under the car off the floor (so that my Roomba can do its daily rounds without getting all tangled up on the cord). The car's hood can now be latched fully for show car appearance while in my car lounge.

I might make 2 more, one for my Golf-R and one for my STI since I won't be driving these cars during winter.

1599582543859.png