GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I guess I've been here long enough to write about my short VW journey and my other cars I currently play with.

Unlike most of you folks here, I only have very limited experience with VW's so hope you can give me some pointers too if I start straying too far off track.

I will also post about my other cars, other hobbies, off-topic so if you share any of the same interests besides VW's chime in. :cool:

Anyway, just wanted to post my intro. Have a good day folks, and Happy New Year!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, Sandman. So is there a trick to making the pictures small (600x600 97KB) without loosing the sharpness? The albums page is quite limited.

I only have a MBP running basic Photo and Photo Preview softwares. TIA!

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I've found that adding "?w=800" after the filename and before [/img] caps the displayed width at 800p. I haven't noticed a terrible degradation in quality. But it's easy enough to make the image clickable to the full size or provide a separate link. Of course, this action does not make the image files smaller, only the way they're displayed in the forums.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, StealthGTI. In your case you are having an off site URL host your pictures, correct? If I am to use the albums on this site, the UPLOAD page rejects files that are any larger than 600x 600 and 97kb. This leave me with small and fuzzy pictures.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, yeah, I'll take a look at Tapatalk. For now, I think this is the best resolution I can post. 600x400 based 97KB hosted by this site. It's sort of okay via smart phones but hardly the quality I want via my computer.

This is the GTI I sold last year.. was a 2016 Autobahn DSG. This is where my VW journey started.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Hello,

Thanks, StealthGTI. In your case you are having an off site URL host your pictures, correct?

That is correct. I host on my own website so that I control the images. I'm not interested in the bait-n-switch BS that one of the major image hosting sites pulled a couple years ago. :p

With that said, it hadn't occurred to me that my additional tag might only work on images hosted via WordPress. I don't know if my method work from other domains.

Scott

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Hello,

That is correct. I host on my own website so that I control the images. I'm not interested in the bait-n-switch BS that one of the major image hosting sites pulled a couple years ago. :p

With that said, it hadn't occurred to me that my additional tag might only work on images hosted via WordPress. I don't know if my method work from other domains.

Scott

Nice!!

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I use to heavily mod cars but these days, and at my age, I only mod just enough to make it mine. :cool:

Exterior
Kerscher CF splitter (I coated it with extra layers of UV clearcoat)
Maxton Design side diffusers and rear spats
Suntek self-healing clearbra (this is the second set I installed..)
Lumar Formula One Pinnacle tint (installed by my tint guy)
- deAutoLED brake turn tail LED (112123114)
- deAuto LED reverse LED (65767351)
2020: Installed a pair of Euro tails in 2019.
2020: Aerofabb rear lip spoiler.

Interior
Center console open mod (just used some misc parts)
Gas pedal with custom spacer and Sparco pedal cover
Clutch pedal stop (used some misc parts), and helper spring removed
Weathertech floor liners

Engine
- JB1 Group1 (@5.00 boost safety)
2020: Installed Cobb Accessport Stage1 “high boost” map in 2019.
GFB T9359 DV+
034 X34 CF intake
- S3 resonator delete
2020: Installed Borla car back in 2019.

Drivetrain
- 034 bone insert Version1
2020: Installed ECS Pendulum mount and dogbone inserts
2020: Installed Euroquipp front and rear strut bars in 2019
BoombaRacing short shifter
2020: BBS CH-R with Continental 5P 235/35/19
ECS 10mm spacers and longer bolts on rear wheels

Misc
OBD11 with some cheapo Galaxy tablet
In the truck I have a set of tools including plugs for tires just in case.

I'm sure I am forgetting something, but anyway, I love my Golf-R the way she drives, sounds (stereo), and looks. :cool:

Next up, I have a front Eurocode STB coming to me next week.

Last edited:

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Here's a brief history where it all began for me with VW's. Late 2015 I injured my left leg, it wasn't bad at first, even bought a new fully loaded 16 STI thinking (hoping) the pain would go away, but started to worsen by early Summer. I only owned MT cars so decided to listen to the doctor (to allow the leg to rest and heal) and look for an AT car as I was not getting any younger.

Added a new 16 GTI Autobahn to my line up enjoyed the DSG as driving was effortless. Thought if I liked DSG enough, I'd get the Nissan GT-R I was looking at earlier. Installed JB1, Maxton Designs splitter, clearbra/FormulaOne Pinnacle tint, had a shop install VWR springs as I could not work on my car at the time, OZ wheels S04 tires, etc.

As my leg healed, I wanted an AWD MT version of my GTI so got the 17 Golf-R MT..Wow, immediately fell in love. Perfect car for me, subtle yet fast. Drove my GTI during the weekday, Golf-R and STI on the weekends. Thus Golfs everyday.

My leg has since healed completely and decided dual clutch is not for me (nor high torque FWD cars due to limited traction), so last summer sold the GTI and got a new 19 WRX Limited MT fully loaded.

My Subaru's run Cobb AccessPort and other minor mods. Contrary to what most people might believe, the WRX and STI are completely different cars. Only similarity is the skin. As soon as I figure out my parking situation, I'm going to add a new Miata (ND) to the mix.