GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golfs everyday.. with OT journal.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Okay, I spent waaaay too much time on the splitter install, but got it done. The issue was the bumper has a lot of curves with the existing splitter and MaxtonDesigns did a pretty lousy job of matching the contour so there were weird gaps and high tension areas where I had to make spacers and stuff to align it properly.

While the car is up on ramps I'm going to clean the undercarriage tonight and work on the FiST tomorrow.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I have nothing Golf-R to post this morning, besides she is residing in her garage spot safe and sound.

Over the weekend I did absolutely nothing car related (took a break to do house, lawn, and family stuff) besides placing an order for pre-cut clearbra for the SUPRA in case I change my mind and install it. Today, if I don't get called back to my work computer every 5min like this am, I will install the JB4 on the SUPRA.

Hope you all had a good weekend

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Installed the JB4 on the SUPRA last night with the wireless module. Downloaded the app onto my iPhone and updated firmware. Seems like everything is working, including the exhaust valve flap control from the in-dash programming. Very cool, now I have logging capability, oil temp, IAT, tranny temp, boost gauge, etc without having to scroll through the menus so this is useful for the first couple of runs to monitor and log. Then I'll probably never use the $28 app again as with my AP's for my Golf-R and Subie's.. LOL.

The install itself was cake.. Finding the firewall access and making a mounting bracket for the JB4 took a little time, but overall easy peasy. Everything is concealed so looks factory. I lost a pin for the plastic rivet while removing a cowl.. Silly me sneezed while pulling up the tab and the thing just pulled right through and fell into the engine bay. Ordered OEM ones.. shipping was a lot more than than the 10pcs I ordered, but found a new Euro parts store I am happy.

So I suppose the next natural step is to get an intake for her since I am happy with the exhaust note on the car already especially with the valve open. Probably going to get an Eventuri CF one along with the CF engine cover to match. Should compliment my 034 CF intake on my Golf-R nicely..

https://www.eventuri.net/products/toyota-supra-mk5/

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I have the Eventuri CF intake and CF engine cover coming to me next week.

I did the hood trim ornament above the fenders a few days ago. Thing came with cleaner and paint-pre primer and all for mounting, very professional. Looks great. Also ordered vanity plates, but it may take a while before I get it because the factory is shutdown due to Covid19.

This should do for my car for this year. Next up, I'm going to go back driving my Golf-R and STI.

1588945215109.png

1588945525920.png

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Didn't like the design of the new Supra, but seeing yours, it's really growing on me. Maybe it's the paint correction, but it looks really good. Have you played with the JB4 or are you waiting to break it in?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, MonkeyMD. Honestly I hated pretty much everything about the SUPRA in the beginning as well.. especially that it only came in AT, and it looked like a frikken alien from outer space on the front, tail looked like Darth Vader.. Then it occurred to me that I really liked the silhouette of the car, especially from the side. So I started checking out black ones and it started to grow on me to a point I wanted to try one in my garage even if it was AT.. with my other cars all being MT, good to have some variety.

As for the JB4 I'm going to wait trying map1 and map2 until after break-in. I only got like 250 miles on the car still and limiting the revs to about 4.5K. I've messed with the JB4's app on my iPhone for example map switching, logging, and real time gauges. I hear there is significant increase in power from just the JB4 so it should be plenty for me. Even in stock map I feel the car is pretty fast for street. The AT is smart to the point I'm not getting pissed while shifting in manual mode so I was happy about that. More encouragement to install the clearbra when it arrives on Monday, perhaps.. and drive the car more.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
After detailing the car, installed the intake and engine cover today. The kit was missing two M4 screws for the air temp sensor, but luckily I had the right pitch and lengths in my parts bin. Will take her out for a test drive later in the week.

Overall I'm real pleased with how it all turned out.
1589168549720.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Not Golf-R related, but I have an appointment to pickup a new 2020 Forester Limited tomorrow to trade in an older Honda my wife and I had been sharing. Since I qualified for the 0% APR for 63months I'm going to take advantage of that and use the cash I was going to spend on the car on a new wall mount air conditioner unit for the garage. I hope to hear from my installer in the coming days.

I test drove the SUPRA with the new intake a couple of days ago. It sounded good, not sure of any performance gains what not since I'm still in break-in, but the car drove normally with no DTC so I was very pleased. I also swapped out the push-button start to a bright red one (factory has a metal finish). I didn't need it, but since I ordered Eventuri's filter cleaning kit why not toss one in the box.

I should be getting my dead-pedal cover tomorrow as well. It's a metal one that matches the brake and gas pedals as the factory one is just a plain black unexciting piece.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Installed the dead-pedal cover yesterday on my SUPRA. Nothing really exciting but this is what it looks like now. Speaking of nothing really exciting, I picked up a new Subie Forester over the weekend for my wife and I to share. I like the car, subtle looks, good normal driving performance, nice brakes, comfy, and plenty of usable cargo space for those times I need to go to HomeDepot.

Also placed an order for front strut bars for the SUPRA. I saw that the 2021 SUPRA's come with cheap and ugly looking strut bars so on mine I decided to go with the BMS red anodized aluminum ones for function and dress up.

1589807649397.png

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Are there any apps that work off the Veepeak OBDCheck BLE on the Golf-R? I'm getting BimmerCode installed on my phone later today and doing some coding on the SUPRA so just thought if there's any apps I can use on the Golf-R..

I have the OBD11 so don't really care to do any coding off my iPhone.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Next week my work is supposed to have a townhall meeting via web and they are going to explain the return to office protocols, PPE, etc for June. This can mean my daily driver, WRX, may start moving again which also means my Golf-R will get a clear path down my driveway to be driven on the weekends again. Right now my WRX is blocking the passage as it has the car cover on and until I'm certain I am going to be driving the WRX, I don't want to peel the cover off as it's pretty dirty and don't want to wash the cover multiple times.

The last time I took the Golf-R out was 4/5.. and it's not even hibernation period.

The good news is that the property I was suppose to sell earlier this Spring finally got sold yesterday so that freed up some cash which I'm going to put towards modifying my garage this summer.

This week has been a slow car week since I was working on selling the property.. Burger is behind on shipping out my order so no real car parts came. I tried the Bimmercode with this BLE OBD2 module I got a few days ago and coded a few things on the SUPRA which was cool.. but that's all I've done this week as far as cars.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Seems like you need a YouTube channel... you know you want to...

👍🏻