GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf7 Estate - Kessy module pinout

golf7estate

Car(s)
vw
3Q0907530L J965 - Kessy module in 2018 Golf Mk 7 Estate.

Where do you find pinouts description for this module?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
ERWIN diagrams...these should be correct as from 2013, I don't have "from 2018"...so they might have changed it...

KESSY pg1.jpg

KESSY pg1.jpg

golf7estate

Car(s)
vw
Thanks Dave....
On Youtube someone added Kessy doorhandle to the rear doors on a Golf R, he compared the Kessy module pinouts with the one on an Atlas model, which already have Kessy on the rear doors, and found the unused pin numbers.
My Kessy module has a different part number, and I need to see if this module has unused pins for rear doors.??
OBD-11 shows it's possible to activate the rear doors.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Thanks Dave....
On Youtube someone added Kessy doorhandle to the rear doors on a Golf R, he compared the Kessy module pinouts with the one on an Atlas model, which already have Kessy on the rear doors, and found the unused pin numbers.
My Kessy module has a different part number, and I need to see if this module has unused pins for rear doors.??
OBD-11 shows it's possible to activate the rear doors.

no idea...BUT I do know that the MK7 Golf does not have rear door controllers as it "piggy-backs" the rears of the front door controllors.....the Audi & other more expensive VAG cars have separate rear door controllers...

so if you have Factory KESSY on MK7 Golf I doubt you can "add" more to it...

golf7estate

Car(s)
vw
He added KESSY to the rear doors: "2019 Golf R ~ Adding Keyless Entry To REAR DOORS. Will It Work?" on Youtube.
My module 3Q0907530L is also sold for the VW Atlas on the Internet,
so do you have a wiring diagram for the Atlas with this module and rear KESSY?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
He added KESSY to the rear doors: "2019 Golf R ~ Adding Keyless Entry To REAR DOORS. Will It Work?" on Youtube.
My module 3Q0907530L is also sold for the VW Atlas on the Internet,
so do you have a wiring diagram for the Atlas with this module and rear KESSY?

I only have the stuff for the MK7 Golf....just go to ERWINvolkswagen.com, make an account & buy 1hrs download time & get the diagrams from VW direct...

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erwin/showHome.do

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
I have been following this youtube as well, courtesy to TheHumbleMechanic., where he got 2 door handles with sensors (front handle)., which apparently works for the rear doors. In his case, the KESSY Module had the necessary pins., all he had to do was run the wires from rear handle, through the door connectors all the way to the Kessy controller located behind the AC Blower motor. And offcourse enabled the code.

I was looking to do this mod, but my Kessy Controller - 5Q0 959 435 B Do not support rear sensors., i physically removed the module, and the respective pins are just missing. So this was a no-go for me.

@golf7estate - I noticed you mentioned the part number - "3Q0907530L " Is this the right one ? I believe this will be your Gateway Module.

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Another Idea i need check is since my controller only supports front 2 doors., what if i piggy back the rear handle sensor/antenna wires to their respective front handles. Not sure if someone already tried this method.

golf7estate

Car(s)
vw
Someone tried it, did not work: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/diy-kessy-for-rear-door-handles.300144/

After getting the Erwin docs, I have located the Kessy, if you look under the steering wheel where it says Airbag, app. 30 cm in, there is a beige connector which is for the KESSY module, impossible to work with....

I had the same idea about connecting rear handle parallel to front handle, but it won't work as shown in the above link.
But beeing an electronic engineer, I would put a scope on the wires to check what the signals look likes,
and maybe it is enough to put a resitor on each handle wire before they go the the Kessy module...who knows...
IMG_2473.JPG

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Someone tried it, did not work: https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/diy-kessy-for-rear-door-handles.300144/

After getting the Erwin docs, I have located the Kessy, if you look under the steering wheel where it says Airbag, app. 30 cm in, there is a beige connector which is for the KESSY module, impossible to work with....

I had the same idea about connecting rear handle parallel to front handle, but it won't work as shown in the above link.
But beeing an electronic engineer, I would put a scope on the wires to check what the signals look likes,
and maybe it is enough to put a resitor on each handle wire before they go the the Kessy module...who knows...

That's a valuable tip., thanks for that information. Glad that i got to know this, before going ahead with the purchases. May be the only option is to upgrade the Kessy Module with a later model from Atlas or Touraeg ones. But i would think that would involve re-programming the fobs to the new kessy module ?