GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

golf

ping67

Car(s)
vw golf mark7
i have white 2015 golf im looking two get alloys on mine can pepole send me pic off golfs whit alloys see what look nice

Mikeyd1

Ready to race!
Pretoria alloys

Attachments

• FD71F208-BD22-4CAE-B06B-84EE59E6D4E2.jpeg
    FD71F208-BD22-4CAE-B06B-84EE59E6D4E2.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 61

cb1111

Rather than posting many short questions that have no real answer, why don't you spend a month looking at threads here. There are literally thousands of pictures of wheels and many discussions about tire sizes.

OLD MEN RULE

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
i have white 2015 golf im looking two get alloys on mine can pepole send me pic off golfs whit alloys see what look nice
Yes look on this web sight. Also go to Tire Rack and look up wheels for your 2015 golf. You can also configure different wheels with photos of your car.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
As@cb1111 has said, there are literally thousands of different types of wheel available, so it would be helpful if you could give some idea of what your preferences are - e.g.
- OEM or aftermarket
- alloy wheel finish; powder coated, painted, diamond cut
- colour, design / style
- size; width, diameter and offset.

Also what model of Golf do you have and what wheels does it have fitted currently?

ping67

Car(s)
vw golf mark7
As@cb1111 has said, there are literally thousands of different types of wheel available, so it would be helpful if you could give some idea of what your preferences are - e.g.
- OEM or aftermarket
- alloy wheel finish; powder coated, painted, diamond cut
- colour, design / style
- size; width, diameter and offset.

Also what model of Golf do you have and what wheels does it have fitted currently?
i have 16 inch alloys on it my car is 2015 vw golf mark7 1,6 tdi red i bluemotion

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
how do i find tyre rack
https://www.tirerack.com/content/tirerack/desktop/en/wheels.html

As you’re based on the Republic of Ireland , you might also want to try these sites;
https://www.rimstyle.com/
https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/
https://www.performancealloys.com/

the above sites might not have a configurator, but if you input your vehicle details, you’ll see the wheels that are suitable for your car. You can use the filters to narrow down the choices.

Bear in mind that in the UK, fitting a different set of alloys is considered to be a vehicle modification for insurance purposes so you’ll need to inform your insurer if you change your wheels, otherwise you might invalidate your insurance cover. I’m assuming the same situation would apply in R of I. Some insurers may charge a small additional premium for a wheel change modification whereas others may accept the modification without change to your premium.

Also bear in mind that if you buy alloys from the UK, there may be additional import charges and customs charges to pay post-Brexit.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Also bear in mind that if you buy alloys from the UK, there may be additional import charges and customs charges to pay post-Brexit.

Be careful calling Ireland part of the UK, they're 99 years away from that being true.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Be careful calling Ireland part of the UK, they're 99 years away from that being true.
I don’t believe I’ve referred to the Republic of Ireland as being part of the UK. I’ve merely pointed out;
  • the insurance position in the UK and said that I assumed the same situation would apply in the R of I
  • the possible post-Brexit position regarding potential additional import charges if someone in the R of I were to buy goods from a UK seller.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I don’t believe I’ve referred to the Republic of Ireland as being part of the UK. I’ve merely pointed out;
  • the insurance position in the UK and said that I assumed the same situation would apply in the R of I
  • the possible post-Brexit position regarding potential additional import charges if someone in the R of I were to buy goods from a UK seller.
Oh, yeah, but Ireland can still shop from the EU without any changes. For most of the world, it's just Ireland, and the sad little thing you guys insist on clinging onto is Northern Ireland.

cb1111

Perhaps you are being intentional rude or perhaps you cannot read. SRGTD clearly said that the OP (who is in the Republic of Ireland) may need to pay import duty if he buys wheels in the UK. How does that equate to the Republic of Ireland being part of the UK?

You may also want to keep your political views out of the main section. Take it to off-topic to the COVID thread and you might try to give zricky a run for the money but you'll get chewed up and spit out pretty quickly.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Perhaps you are being intentional rude or perhaps you cannot read. SRGTD clearly said that the OP (who is in the Republic of Ireland) may need to pay import duty if he buys wheels in the UK. How does that equate to the Republic of Ireland being part of the UK?

You may also want to keep your political views out of the main section. Take it to off-topic to the COVID thread and you might try to give zricky a run for the money but you'll get chewed up and spit out pretty quickly.
Take it easy killer, I saw UK and Ireland listed in the same sentence, was trying to be friendly, sorry if you misread my intent.