GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf VII TDI in Athens

Athenian

The photos were taken with my cell phone so not the best quality... the only part that seemed a little better live than what i have seen in photos from the web was the rear , as the line between the taillights didn't seem so intense..Still worse than the rear of mk6. The headlights also are not so impressive as i thought they would be (which was the only thing that i considered as an appearance improvement from the previous generation). They looked somehow smaller than what they should have been.

Attachments

• Εικόνα0011.jpg
    Εικόνα0011.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 4,050
  • Εικόνα0012.jpg
    Εικόνα0012.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 4,373
  • Εικόνα0013.jpg
    Εικόνα0013.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 3,198

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Meh. Not bad. I like the A3 better though

Athenian

Meh. Not bad. I like the A3 better though

As long as the general form was kept , there was no way that the mk7 would look bad. It just doesn't meet anyone' s expectations. Walter da silva is getting enormously paid to deliver something better and not this. In mk6 there were aspects of the car that were better from the mk5, while other were worse. It is the first time that the next generation is so much worse almost in every aspect of exterior design than the previous one. No owner of a mk6 or even a mk5 really likes it.

Hooklyn

Banned
As long as the general form was kept , there was no way that the mk7 would look bad. It just doesn't meet anyone' s expectations. Walter da silva is getting enormously paid to deliver something better and not this. In mk6 there were aspects of the car that were better from the mk5, while other were worse. It is the first time that the next generation is so much worse almost in every aspect of exterior design than the previous one. No owner of a mk6 or even a mk5 really likes it.

Whoa there guy. I owned a MKV and now a MKVI and I like the MKVII quite a bit. It is not worse in any way, lateral MAYBE in design in someways, but the engineering is far more advanced than the MKV/MKVI, of course. I actually think, of the 3 generations, the MKV was the ugliest. And I owned one. I look back now at the black bumpers and general 'bubble-ness' to the whole car and don't like it at all compared to my current MKVI GTI...

I think the MKVII and MKVI are more traditional for the Golf/GTI shape. More reminiscent of the MKI/MKII guise. Boxy and edgy, not round and curvacious like it became from III to IV to V.

While nothing revolutionary, it is nice and evolutionary, which is the way a car with the history of the Golf/GTI should be.

In that picture there is an 8V A3 next to that MKVII Golf and that is why he said he likes the A3 BETTER (not only) than the Golf. As do I, though that doesn't mean I don't like the MKVII Golf. I really do.

Hooklyn

Banned
The car in the pics appears to be a TSI, no?

Badge for the 1.2/1.4 TSI also says 'BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY' underneath, as this one does.

My guess is that this is a low-mid level 1.2 TSI Golf.

Athenian

Whoa there guy. I owned a MKV and now a MKVI and I like the MKVII quite a bit. It is not worse in any way, lateral MAYBE in design in someways, but the engineering is far more advanced than the MKV/MKVI, of course. I actually think, of the 3 generations, the MKV was the ugliest. And I owned one. I look back now at the black bumpers and general 'bubble-ness' to the whole car and don't like it at all compared to my current MKVI GTI...

I think the MKVII and MKVI are more traditional for the Golf/GTI shape. More reminiscent of the MKI/MKII guise. Boxy and edgy, not round and curvacious like it became from III to IV to V.

While nothing revolutionary, it is nice and evolutionary, which is the way a car with the history of the Golf/GTI should be.

In that picture there is an 8V A3 next to that MKVII Golf and that is why he said he likes the A3 BETTER (not only) than the Golf. As do I, though that doesn't mean I don't like the MKVII Golf. I really do.

I was talking only about the exterior design and not the engineering, I thought it was clear. If this is what you call evolutionary in design, you may as well get thrilled with the red stripe across the headlights of the gti along with thousands of teenagers worldwide. Not being revolutionary doesnt mean evolutionary just because it makes a catchy rhyme, especially in this case. I really expect from you to tell me just one exterior design improvement from the mkvi that justifies the years of waiting and the so advertised expertise of da silva.

p.s. 1 I agree about the black bumper of the mkv and I dont like also the sidebars of the model. Still it has a symmetry even in its bubleness that mkvi and mkvii lack

p.s. 2 I dont see any reason why the III, VI and V should be excluded from golf' s history just because they are not boxy enough for you. Is really the reminiscence you find of I and II an element of evolution ? For many this could be exactly the opposite.

p.s. 3 The clarification about the audi was really unnecessary

Last edited:

Athenian

The car in the pics appears to be a TSI, no?

Badge for the 1.2/1.4 TSI also says 'BLUEMOTION TECHNOLOGY' underneath, as this one does.

My guess is that this is a low-mid level 1.2 TSI Golf.

as the title suggests...

Attachments

• tdi.jpg
    tdi.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 3,129
  • car_photo_457948.jpg
    car_photo_457948.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 3,152