GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf VII GTI or Golf VII GTD Helpppp

maliLOZAR

Se hello everybody!
Hope you are having a nice day..

So i have encoutered some kind of a dead end and i don't know which car to choose..
I really like both cars (but preffer GTD, don't know why I just like it more :)), but the thing is i don't do much mileage over the year and i don't drive on motorways often really.
So i am now having a trouble which to pick (considering i am looking to buy GTD S&S pack manual and GTI or GTI perfomance edition also manual).
I really don't know what to do considering fuel consumption and so on..
So please if you have some kind of advice, or some kind of help for me I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT!!

Thank you!! 😀

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Test drive them all to help you make a decision. If fuel mileage is important get the GTD.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
city/short trip = poor mpg whatever you drive. on country roads I get 33-35 mpg in my GTI (US measurements). The GTI is a great car that gets decent mpg (coming from an American so skewed MPG expectations)...I've never driven any other version of the Golf. Look at fuely.com as a good source for mpg ratings

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
WOW you just impressed me with your GTI mpg.I thought that GTI would have low mpg. This is so good mpg. So do you drive normal gti or gti performance pack? @Strange Mud

It depends on the way you use your car and the type of driving that you do. Like Strange Mud said short trips, city driving or lots of highway driving.

maliLOZAR

Well i would go for mileage..but i think i would get good perfomance with GTD beacuse of his torque no?
And i drive more short trips and city driving rather than higway driving..
Thanks for replying and helping! :D @jimlloyd40

OryxRob

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI PP Oryx
Just my opinion but I'd personally go GTi,
If you do lots of short trips & stopstart driving I'd get a GTi, diesels don't tend to like those conditions over time as much as petrol. More & more city's are penalising diesels also, not sure how Croatia see diesel.

Stop start driving will significantly compromise diesels economy also.

I've recently bought my GTi PP & get 35mpg in Uk & I don't drive it economically!! I did (pre lock down) 90miles a day on commute with a mix of country lanes, motorway & into a city.

Like others said test both & see what you prefer.

Rob.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
The fuel consumption of VW’s 2.0 184 bhp (135 kw) Diesel engine does seem to suffer during the winter months. Many owners of the first/early mk7 Golf GTD’s we’re surprised and disappointed at their relatively poor (for a diesel) fuel consumption during the colder winter months. So although the GTD will achieve better mpg than a GTI, the difference might not be as great as expected. Also, if using a GTD for driving mainly short journeys, frequent DPF regenerations are likely to be experienced, and these also have a negative impact on fuel consumption.

Perception of diesel cars in some countries isn’t great, and with driver restrictions such as clean air zones being introduced in larger towns and cities in some countries, this may have a detrimental impact on diesels.

However, as others have said, drive both, but given the choice I’d go for the GTI.

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
Although I`ve got a GTD my feelings are that unless you are a diesel loving old fart like me or doing big miles get a GTI

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
something to do is to look at fuelly to get your expected mpg for both cars, then do the math with fuel costs and the distance/style you drive. That will give you an honest $ to aid in comparison. the fun of a GTI may not cost much year.

maliLOZAR

Damn,you may just turned my opinion around haha :D ... I kinda like GTI now...
But here is another problem. I was looking this car and i saw on the pictures that it DIDN' T have mode button to the left of gear stick.. So now I am wondering if you don't have this button,you also don't get modes to change(sport,eco,normal or indvidual) ??
Please explain.. @Strange Mud @OrisRob

maliLOZAR

Like this is really good deal i came across but i saw this problem with modes button
2017 GTI 7.5 11806 miles for 23.500 euros (is that too much money or?)