GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R vs Porsche 997

Abbott Martin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Performance 2dr
Have you driven a Cayman S? I started out searching for a 911 as it has been my lifelong dream car also and someday I will buy one. During the search I had the opportunity to see a Cayman and at the time saving a little $ and going for the less expensive Cayman S seemed more appealing. I looked at the GTI and R but went for the TSI SEL for my daily driver so I can soon upgrade my Cayman S to a newer model. The Cayman is the first car I've owned that makes me smile every time I get in it. The worst day at work turns into a good day on my commute home. But as someone mentioned, I don't think those of us that own and trade in cars like the 911 or R need to sweat our decisions too much because we tend to be car nuts with a list of cars we would like to someday own. You'll end up marking one of these off the list this time and mark the other one off later!

And to the poster of the macadamia metallic 911, to me that is the best color ever produced for a Porsche. The replacement mahogany metallic just doesn't cut it. If I were ever in a position to purchase a new Porsche I'd pony up for the custom color option and tell them to send it to me in macadamia metallic!

That macadamia is delicious. Canceling it is a shame.

DAS_STIG

Banned
unlucky Brits! If they were to the same price point, a 997.2 C4 PDK would be fantastic. Brand new Golf Rs are a lot less $ in the U.S.

FTFY