GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R potential engine damage by boost tap

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
Last Friday my APR boost gauge starting behaving like crazy, just thought it was a faulty gauge.
To my surprise today I inspected and disected the rubber hose that goes to the APR boost tap and to my surprise there was no restrictor pill (I installed it and I am 100% sure) which prevents the vibrations on the gauge needle.
This is work in progress, I have reached APR and right now the car is on its way to the shop to inspect the inlet manifold, valves and pistons.
What a nightmare!!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/SsoXonGGh2I?feature=share
IMG-20211207-WA0034.jpeg
IMG-20211207-WA0031.jpeg
IMG-20211207-WA0029.jpeg
Screenshot_20211207-154121_Chrome.jpg
20211207_150716.jpg

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
If you plug the boost tap port does the car have issues running? You 100% would have known if that thing got ingested.
No issues, drove 50 miles before I checked the vacuum hose, hope I get a lucky shot and find the damned pill somewhere on the intake manifold.
No symptoms of damaged

FB-GTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GTI -> Golf R
The "pill" is larger in diameter than the barbed opening.

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
The "pill" is larger in diameter than the barbed opening.
There are 2 diameters of pills, the one that comes with the gauge and the one that comes with the tap. I am 99.9% certain I installed the thin pill, anyone that can help with the measurement of the diameter is highly appreciated.

Fact 1: the gauge began to creep as when no pill is in the vacuum feed.
Fact 2: gutted the hose and carefully removed the boost tap and no pill was found.
Fact 3: I installed the pill on August, unless I have Alzheimer disease (knock on wood) the pill was there!
Fact 4: 7 strings singularity phenomenon made the pill go to another dimension.
Screenshot_20211207-213210_Chrome.jpg