GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Mk7 Help

MKE100

Car(s)
Golf R Mk7
Hello,

I've recent brought a lovely Mk7 Golf R after a week or so of owning i noticed a faint almost creaking, pulsing( wub... wub... wub) sound i don't know if anyone else has had this or knows anything that could help. I'm hoping its nothing.

cheers any help would be great,

Mike

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
When do you hear it? Where does it sound like it's coming from? Does the sound get louder as you accelerate?

Knowing nothing I guess it's tire related if it really sounds like wub wub wub.

MKE100

Car(s)
Golf R Mk7
When do you hear it? Where does it sound like it's coming from? Does the sound get louder as you accelerate?

Knowing nothing I guess it's tire related if it really sounds like wub wub wub.
Its coming from what sounds like just behind the dash to the right i don't think its the tire because i can hear it when im not moving. I think it goes when im driving but its hard to tell as its quiet and the engine overwelms its so makes it impossible to hear. im trying to upload a video now of it to show.

cheer mate.

MKE100

Car(s)
Golf R Mk7
Its coming from what sounds like just behind the dash to the right i don't think its the tire because i can hear it when im not moving. I think it goes when im driving but its hard to tell as its quiet and the engine overwelms its so makes it impossible to hear. im trying to upload a video now of it to show.

cheer mate.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I couldn't hear anything unusual. Have a mechanic listen to it.

MKE100

Car(s)
Golf R Mk7
Really? I can hear it.

Does turning climate control completely off have any effect?
Yh it’s very faint but it’s definitely there, it’s like a faint grinding sound but with a rhythm, have the climate control off doesn’t do anything it only happened from what I can hear when I put the dsg in S mode ,

cheers

Last edited:

MKE100

Car(s)
Golf R Mk7
Might want to pop the hood and see if you can't isolate it to something maybe at one of the pulleys (alternator, crank, etc..)
Cheers, Yh I’m going to do that, if not il just take it to the garage

MKE100

Car(s)
Golf R Mk7
Haha it’s not a cricket, it’s only done 35k so I would be surprised if it was the dmf on its way out