GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R mk7 2015 Tuned stage 2 Help CHECK OIL LEVEL

FactoryR

Ready to race!
Possibly burning some oil, but as jim said, you want to check. At 45k, my prior stock 16R, started consuming oil well before recommended oil changes. Had it tested at dealership and they said it consumed within the allowable VW guidelines which was an insane amount (almost 1/3 quart every 1k miles if I recall correctly).Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
You should check the oil level in your car once a month...minimum.

reallypeacedoff

Ready to race!
Was Driving and asked for check oil level is that normal just wondering guys

Question is, how many miles since you last did an oil change?

I am also Stage II (and an Aussie too, actually) and I almost always get a check oil at 6k miles after an oil change. I do oil changes every 7.5k since I went Stage II. Half a quart and I am good until next oil change.

I also drive it like I stole it 85% of the time. I think the sensor is quite sensitive but that is a good thing. Better safe than sorry.

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
My car is bone stock, 5400 miles and oil was last changed at 4200 (it timed out) in March. I just had to add 1/2 Q to get it back to the full line. As already stated, well within VW's consumption guidelines.

So, in short, check your oil often lol.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Wow. I've been kind of astounded with my '15 R. I have 30K on it now and changed the oil/filter every 5K, I've never had to add more than 1/2 Q between oil changes. I guess that some are built with tighter tolerances than others.

VALPAL

Car(s)
Golf r mk7
Question is, how many miles since you last did an oil change?

I am also Stage II (and an Aussie too, actually) and I almost always get a check oil at 6k miles after an oil change. I do oil changes every 7.5k since I went Stage II. Half a quart and I am good until next oil change.

I also drive it like I stole it 85% of the time. I think the sensor is quite sensitive but that is a good thing. Better safe than sorry.
Cheere for the heads up dude

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Wow. I've been kind of astounded with my '15 R. I have 30K on it now and changed the oil/filter every 5K, I've never had to add more than 1/2 Q between oil changes. I guess that some are built with tighter tolerances than others.

Mine must be very good. I change oil every 4000 and am now at 95,000 miles and have never had to add a drop. And that's FBO BT dyno tuned.

Judas

Go Kart Newbie
Possibly burning some oil, but as jim said, you want to check. At 45k, my prior stock 16R, started consuming oil well before recommended oil changes. Had it tested at dealership and they said it consumed within the allowable VW guidelines which was an insane amount (almost 1/3 quart every 1k miles if I recall correctly).Something to keep an eye on for sure.
I've asked different service guys and both said vw spec is 1 qt every 1k miles is within VW specs, actually just asked again today since I had to add a 1/2qt after 4500 miles

FactoryR

Ready to race!
I've asked different service guys and both said vw spec is 1 qt every 1k miles is within VW specs, actually just asked again today since I had to add a 1/2qt after 4500 miles

I know there are other threads on this, but that amounts to basically an oil change within an oil change. The joke is on us.

Last edited:

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Unfortunately those "acceptable consumption rates" are pretty common across makes. I had a Gen2 Prius as a daily, and it used a TON of oil (somewhat common issue for them), and it fell within their limits too. It would seriously almost get 2x oil changes within one 7500mi OCI :\