GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R mk.8 worth the six months wait video.

H-Bomb

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
EVO
So the dealer I put down a deposit with said they will come loaded with everything, but doubts the exhaust will be an option. So wheel options, drive modes, spoiler, seats etc.

Ugh...it’s 2021...sharing/getting info shouldn’t be this hard.

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
He's also done a driving video of the same car..
I'd pay stupid money for those seats. I know we won't get them, but if the covers can be swapped, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I'd pay stupid money for those seats. I know we won't get them, but if the covers can be swapped, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
I'd be inclined to agree with you, but who knows.
Maybe we'll get them. Now that all these reviews are coming out I'm getting anxious to see what we'll actually get.
But if history continues, I suppose we all have a pretty good idea of what we'll end up getting....

After having the plaid seats since the MK6, I woudn't mind the "leather". In fact, I think I actually prefer it in this case...

Screenshot 2021-03-02 164556.jpg

Half fast

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Maybe we'll get them. Now that all these reviews are coming out I'm getting anxious to see what we'll actually get.
But if history continues, I suppose we all have a pretty good idea of what we'll end up getting....

After having the plaid seats since the MK6, I woudn't mind the "leather". In fact, I think I actually prefer it in this case...
Have both a Mk7 R and GTI with leather/plaid in the family. Just like the look of the plaid more, and it's that much more comfortable on track. Though, I'm probably more prone to swamp ass than the average person. I think it livens up the interior a little bit. Otherwise it's pretty dark in there once the windows are tinted, especially with the Rs and the piano black trim. I'm also a bit of a sucker for unique details like the plaid. I'm still a bit disappointed that the Mk7 seatbelts don't have the same red trim on them as the Mk6 belts.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R

View attachment 204963

The car in this picture is US-spec I believe so looks like those are the ones we are getting. https://www.instagram.com/p/CL0SKE1naG9/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

RudyH

Go Kart Champion

I'd be curious to see what the GTI seats will look like...all the pics I have seen are with the plaid, but might have something that fits nicely
That said you can debadge the mk7/7.5 and toss a 'R' on the steering wheel and well...now you have a matching R across the board (can't remember the door sills if there is one there)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
The more I see it though the more I'm ok with it lol.
Definitely looks better in R form than GTI form.
But it is certainly not an improvement form MK7/7.5.