GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R: Mirror Dip in Reverse?

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
Do the 2017 Golf R (USA) support dipping the passenger side mirror in reverse? If so, how do you program it? Also, do the return to the proper position after reverse? I saw some posts suggesting USA models do not have the memory function to return to the proper position. Thanks.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Yes it does but if you do not have power folding mirrors then when it goes back up it will not be in the exact state it was before. Coding can be done via OBD or vcds. This has been talked about a ton just a quick search.

iPhone using Tapatalk VIP

RobDMB

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks. Did a search and saw some threads. Wasn't clear to me if there was any difference between Golf R and GTIs as I saw threads relating to both.

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks. Did a search and saw some threads. Wasn't clear to me if there was any difference between Golf R and GTIs as I saw threads relating to both.

Yeah doesn't matter the car all the same. Just matters if you have power folding mirrors or not. Will work either way just won't return to the exact spot as before

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
Mirror reverse dip is dependent on controller, GTI and R have the proper controller whereas TSI don't.

Coding works, make sure you enable it in the menu after coding ;)

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Mirror reverse dip is dependent on controller, GTI and R have the proper controller whereas TSI don't.

Coding works, make sure you enable it in the menu after coding ;)

They have the controller but do not contain the correct memory module. So yes like I said it works but will not return to the exact same spot that's all

DrivingSolo

Passed Driver's Ed
They have the controller but do not contain the correct memory module. So yes like I said it works but will not return to the exact same spot that's all

this.

I have it coded but only enable it (by setting the switch to passenger side) when I need it. It's worth it on occasion even if means you have to take another few seconds to calibrate it back.

Flyfishsick

Passed Driver's Ed
Do the 2017 Golf R (USA) support dipping the passenger side mirror in reverse? If so, how do you program it? Also, do the return to the proper position after reverse? I saw some posts suggesting USA models do not have the memory function to return to the proper position. Thanks.

i have a 2016 R and read the same thing? that it does not always return to the same position so i haven't tried it?

anyone have a link to how to do this with vcds? or better a youtube link?