GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Haldex Part Number & Cost?

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone else had this much trouble?

One of my buddies had a 2015 A3 that had Haldex fail on him. The Audi dealership stonewalled him, basically same thing as you where "this is normal" and "we can't reproduce it" (if it's normal, how can you not reproduce it?) were the responses. Eventually they acknowledged it isn't normal, blamed it on the fact that his car was lowered and refused a warranty claim on it. He only had ~2k miles of warranty left when this happened, so we suspect they wanted him to keep driving until warranty was gone and then tell him to pound sand.

He got so sick of dealing with Audi that he sold the car to Carmax, broken Haldex and all.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but figured I'd share anyways.

liljonny16

Ready to race!
One of my buddies had a 2015 A3 that had Haldex fail on him. The Audi dealership stonewalled him, basically same thing as you where "this is normal" and "we can't reproduce it" (if it's normal, how can you not reproduce it?) were the responses. Eventually they acknowledged it isn't normal, blamed it on the fact that his car was lowered and refused a warranty claim on it. He only had ~2k miles of warranty left when this happened, so we suspect they wanted him to keep driving until warranty was gone and then tell him to pound sand.

He got so sick of dealing with Audi that he sold the car to Carmax, broken Haldex and all.

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but figured I'd share anyways.

Unfortunately, that's what I've been thinking about doing. I would love to take it to another Audi dealership and trade it on a used Honda Civic or something. Then I would follow it and see if they try to sell it as a CPO.

liljonny16

Ready to race!
Could be an electronics issue and not the Haldex itself.

What other electronics could it be? From my understanding the Haldex system receives a few input points and then performs it jobs. It's basically a piggyback system. It can fail, as a lot of us are witnessing, and "have no effect on daily driving." It's not a "crucial system." And that's why VAG doesn't have a dedicated error light in the dash for the Haldex. Every time I dropped the car they would get in it and immediately say, "There's no Check Engine Light." I had to tell them to scan the AWD controller EVERY TIME I dropped it off.

josh_

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ I thought of doing the same thing before they actually replaced my Haldex unit. I am going to keep a close eye on it fu shure... And I will NOT be keeping this car out of warranty. I am hoping the newer revisions will keep it from failing down the road.

Just BS we have to go through this at all. I feel for those that can't get help on this. I feel lucky to say the least....

good luck!

josh

liljonny16

Ready to race!
^^ I thought of doing the same thing before they actually replaced my Haldex unit. I am going to keep a close eye on it fu shure... And I will NOT be keeping this car out of warranty. I am hoping the newer revisions will keep it from failing down the road.

Just BS we have to go through this at all. I feel for those that can't get help on this. I feel lucky to say the least....

good luck!

josh

It's absolutely ridiculous. Glad you got yours replaced. I've already had to get the water pump replaced and the passenger seat airbag sensor(which is still coming on and going off randomly), and I keep getting beeps from the parking sensor when riding down the highway. Maybe I should go ahead and tap out and trade it in now.....

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Heya!

My car a 2015, with July 2014 build date.. Most of the the failures I have researched were 2015 R's, A3's, S3's and other various VAG vehicles. It was right around the time they updated the Haldex units. The older units had a SEPARATE Haldex pump filter, the new design has an internal filter attached directly to the pump.

The diffs that ended in an "F" seem to be the most affected. They also had a Haldex control module that was version "D" that seem to be consistent with the failed "F" units. Mine was replaced by version "L".

I hope this helps,

josh

None of the Haldex V had or have a separate filter, regardless of revision. They all have mesh screen type of filter attached to the pump. From what I've seen the newer revisions have a better/stronger looking mesh screen.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Alright folks, I started this thread in March and today I pulled codes and got the following:

C111307 - All Wheel Drive mechanical malfunction

MadMen

Ready to race!
Alright folks, I started this thread in March and today I pulled codes and got the following:

C111307 - All Wheel Drive mechanical malfunction

Same code I had. New pump fixed it.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Same code I had. New pump fixed it.

I ordered a new pump along with o rings, bolts and fluid. Hope it takes care of it as I'v heard it could be the controller or possibly the whole unit that needs replacement. Did your pump come with a new filter?

mmdb

Drag Racing Champion
Any updates on this? I’m a lil irked. I spent about 2k replacing the clutch because it was slipping. I couldn’t complete a launch due to it. Now, I can’t launch the car because i get silly fwd burn outs.

Took the car to the dealership and similarly as others posted they’re claiming no problems. I might just consider car max as others have mentioned. This is all sorts of dumb.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Here's the response I sent someone who PM'd me yesterday:

I bought the pump but never installed. Not sure if mine ever failed but I did get that code. After I primed the haldex pump via OBD11 the car seemed to launch better and the code never came back. I never primed after swapping fluid for regular maintenance so that may have been my issue.