GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Haldex Part Number & Cost?

Mosquito

Go Kart Champion
Seems to be a "disclaimer" kind of thing when done in VCDS. It wasn't there in older versions of the software. OBD11 doesn't post any such message.

Haven't found any negative results, but the "Clear all adaptation values" is present in all modules 01, 02, 22, etc and all post the same warning.

Btw. The Haldex is working better than ever after having done the service, but most importantly the above procedure with it. I did it with OBD11 and did the entire 60 second pump prime as JS12 mentioned followed by the Haldex Clutch open/close procedure.

I am thinking the system is meant to work in a "somewhat" pressurized environment even when disengaged and that is the reason why the pump has 2 o-rings. Rather than keep oil from leaking, it is to keep the system from loosing pressure. May seem obvious to some, but I think most of us thought the system/pump only created pressure for the clutch packs as needed, but not necessarily meant the system itself (housing/pump chamber/clutch chamber) was pressurized at all times. I think this is why the pump priming is so important and I will do it occasionally if I start feeling the system get lazy. It's been a week since and it has been sharp 24/7. Hasn't missed a beat once.

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Seems to be a "disclaimer" kind of thing when done in VCDS. It wasn't there in older versions of the software. OBD11 doesn't post any such message.

Haven't found any negative results, but the "Clear all adaptation values" is present in all modules 01, 02, 22, etc and all post the same warning.

Btw. The Haldex is working better than ever after having done the service, but most importantly the above procedure with it. I did it with OBD11 and did the entire 60 second pump prime as JS12 mentioned followed by the Haldex Clutch open/close procedure.

I am thinking the system is meant to work in a "somewhat" pressurized environment even when disengaged and that is the reason why the pump has 2 o-rings. Rather than keep oil from leaking, it is to keep the system from loosing pressure. May seem obvious to some, but I think most of us thought the system/pump only created pressure for the clutch packs as needed, but not necessarily meant the system itself (housing/pump chamber/clutch chamber) was pressurized at all times. I think this is why the pump priming is so important and I will do it occasionally if I start feeling the system get lazy. It's been a week since and it has been sharp 24/7. Hasn't missed a beat once.

Thanks. I haven't driven the car hard enough yet since the Haldex Fluid Change and the pump prime. I was also waiting to get back my stage 2 w/LC & NLS (I'm a manual) from UM as I had to flash to stage 1 to pass emissions.

I'll run the prime for 60 seconds and then follow your other tests and let you know how it goes.

I'm going to WITW so I'll be sure to test things there. Most likely will get the Haldex tune as well since it's on sale for $399.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Keep that pump and Haldex system clean. Also, did the OBD11 procedure / pump prime.

This service seemed to have been long overdue! That filter screen was filthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Wow. That is quite a bit.

Sure is! Not sure why I had that much on the screen filter.

Car only has 25K miles. Glad I did this!

DesertRat47

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently did my Haldex service myself and my mesh filter was very clean. I wonder what is causing these filters to gum up like this. I’m in Cali with decent weather year round. I’m tuned. I drive the car hard most of the time.

oraor

Hey everyone, sorry to revive an old thread but I am trying to complete the steps and while I had success priming the pump (Step 1), I couldn't complete the Output Tests (Step 2) as I only had an "Not Active" message on OBD11. Anyone else face this issue or know how to resolve it??

Many thanks

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
19k miles and a dozen track days (almost no launches). All with UM tune. Later revision diff from a 2018 A3.

IMG_2279.jpeg

zucchinies

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 A3
Recently did my haldex on my 2020 A3 and my mesh was really clean and barely had any gunk in there. It was clean enough for me to not even take a picture. Did it at 28k miles, day-to-day light driving, but I have done about 50-60 launches since receiving my car at 6k miles.

ER9240

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
My rear differential failed at 36,700 miles on my 2017 Golf R. Bought it at 24K, so drove it about 12.5k with no oil in the differential side. If you have bought your car used, be sure to check both sides of the unit to make sure the correct amount and type of oil is in there.
32365868-C49B-4D8E-B2D2-3A5D04C622D9.jpeg
6EF7EBDF-CFC1-4A11-B33F-8719F31EF0C3.jpeg

Prices have gone up as well. Cost me $2,600 for the new unit including tax and shipping. I did the install myself.
C5946586-4B99-427C-A851-B11847D3A6AD.jpeg

F8FF23A0-BF88-4051-9762-3BCF33181078.jpeg

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
yikes - sorry to hear that. similar experience - unknowingly bought my car as FWD, had to swap fresh haldex in once figured out what was the cause.

Amarna

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf R MK7.5
Did my 100k km service today and happy i removed the Haldex pump.
No matter what i did i could not get the pump running via VCDS so will
take the car back next week and re check oil.
8D24B01E-1D0A-4F7C-BE2C-9CCDB9E149BF.jpeg
4836829C-C490-47D5-8C85-5293E2E237DE.jpeg