GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Fans on GTI

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
So last night I noticed my 2019 has only 1 electric fan and the factory intercooler heat soaks like crazy. Does anyone know if we can get the golf R fan setup on our gtis and improve the cooling.

Attachments

• AB6C348E-CC84-45F5-9600-B614BD65EA97.png
    AB6C348E-CC84-45F5-9600-B614BD65EA97.png
    5 MB · Views: 876
Last edited:

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Definitely more pragmatic to just improve the intercooler.

It's known that the stock cooling set up isn't adequate for added boost especially where the weather is always hot.

There are many, many, IC options available for the platform.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
Definitely more pragmatic to just improve the intercooler.

It's known that the stock cooling set up isn't adequate for added boost especially where the weather is always hot.

There are many, many, IC options available for the platform.

agreed, putting a larger intercooler isn’t gonna help while sitting in traffic which I do a lot I was hoping to add a larger Intercooler and add another fan and get some air moving at lower speeds

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
agreed, putting a larger intercooler isn’t gonna help while sitting in traffic which I do a lot I was hoping to add a larger Intercooler and add another fan and get some air moving at lower speeds
It won’t help with intake temps. It’s natural to get hot when sitting. It’s cools quick once boosting. My front mount that not near the radiator to even get heat soak, and I’m still getting 50-60 temps above ambient once I move it cools back down instantly. The sensor is in the intake manifold so it just read hot with such little air passing it, getting a fan to Pull extra air through the IC while out of boost Really won’t do anything . It would really just make water temps drop some if anything

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
It won’t help with intake temps. It’s natural to get hot when sitting. It’s cools quick once boosting. My front mount that not near the radiator to even get heat soak, and I’m still getting 50-60 temps above ambient once I move it cools back down instantly. The sensor is in the intake manifold so it just read hot with no air passing it. The fans would really just make water temps drop some if anything
Good to know I think I’ll be ordering a bms intercooler and support that company since they are doing a amazing job with the jb4

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
You can bolt up the golf r set up.
Are you talking about the Golf R intercooler? Or the R fan and the R intercooler together? Or just the R intercooler?

TroyI

Ready to race!
Get a new IC. I live in Texas and did Stage 2 with stock IC and it would heatsoack by just looking at it. After putting in a new IC, I didn't feel heatsoack EVER.

I fought getting an IC for a year of driving b/c I'm a cheap ass and didn't want to spend the money. Trust me, It makes a HUGE difference.

Navi

Autocross Champion
Are you talking about the Golf R intercooler? Or the R fan and the R intercooler together? Or just the R intercooler?

I was talking about the radiator fan. But the golf r intercooler bolts right up as well - not sure why anyone would install one with the aftermarket ones available though.

greens

Ready to race!
Get a new IC. I live in Texas and did Stage 2 with stock IC and it would heatsoack by just looking at it. After putting in a new IC, I didn't feel heatsoack EVER.

I fought getting an IC for a year of driving b/c I'm a cheap ass and didn't want to spend the money. Trust me, It makes a HUGE difference.

Which IC did you go with? I'm in Houston and have gone two summers now with the stock IC. I'm determined not to go a third.