GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R exhaust

richiekuk

Ready to race!
Anything can be done. Just depends on cost.

s7wag

Ready to race!
Golf R rear exhaust for GTD

Yes...you would need the OEM rear valence for the R which from memory is around £70 to £80- this is a simple replacement. Then once you've acquired the R rear box/tailpipes you'd need a exhaust fabricator to make you the connector from the middle to rear section (someone like AMD in Essex could do this). This is the re-work they did on my GTD to fit the Milltek 'GTI' style twin rear as I wanted to retain the OEM Sound Actuator (rear 'sound' speaker). It'd be pretty much the same but with the 'R' rear box section

Attachments

• GTD 019-640.jpg
    GTD 019-640.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 1,940
  • GTD 023 - 640.jpg
    GTD 023 - 640.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 2,186

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
I would love that exhaust on the rear of my GTD Waggers when the warranty runs out later this year. Any idea if Milltek do this for non Sport and Sound pack motors ?

MkVIIGTD

As a matter of interest what is the best way to improve the sound of a GTD estate that doesn't have the option of the sound and sport pack?

Other than a Milltek exhaust which doesn't really do much on its own. Can the sound and sport pack be added aftermarket in some way?

s7wag

Ready to race!
I would love that exhaust on the rear of my GTD Waggers when the warranty runs out later this year. Any idea if Milltek do this for non Sport and Sound pack motors ?

Certainly do! Without the Sport & Sound it's much simpler. You basically have the option of 1. resonated or 2. non-resonated system (louder without front/rear silencers).

Here's the link to options.
http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=1442

Mine is basically the twin pipe outlet and GT100 tips with a custom centre connection from OEM system . I retain the front VW OEM silencer - so similar to the 'resonated' system type.

Those that want a louder system (but not noisy) should go for the non-resonated system - no silencers. Remember the DPF muffles/strangles the system. If you then want to quieten it down further then you just remove the front bypass pipe and insert the front silencer.

Steve

s7wag

Ready to race!
As a matter of interest what is the best way to improve the sound of a GTD estate that doesn't have the option of the sound and sport pack?

Other than a Milltek exhaust which doesn't really do much on its own. Can the sound and sport pack be added aftermarket in some way?

If you have the standard 'passive' system then you could start by removing either the front or rear silencer. The GTD with Sound & Sport pack only has a front silencer as standard hence its sound is improved even without the 'sport/sound's enabled. Milltek's resonated is same with only the front silencer. Non-resonated is basically a straight through pipe.

Steve

Attachments

• 9492877399_0aec10c3c7_b.jpg
    9492877399_0aec10c3c7_b.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 2,057