GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R brakes

Ancls

Car(s)
Gti mk7
Been trying to do research to find some good affordable rotors and brake pads looking to replace all of them. Can’t find a good answer. What would you guys recommend.
thank you

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
Are you looking for more stopping power or is this routine maintenance? FCP Euro has a pretty good selection of rotors and pads available for our cars ranging from OEM to performance.

smashedpotatoes

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Golf 7 R
I’m looking for stopping power.
Going off of your original post which asked for affordable options, you could try Stoptech pads or even step up to Ferodo DS2500, the latter of which is popular on this forum for beginner to intermediate track use. For rotors, running OE/OEM blanks would work very well. Combine those with a good fluid like Motul 600 and you should be happy for spirited driving.

Of course, you could totally send it like @JerseyDrew77 mentioned and grab a BBK, but then affordability and low maintenance cost go out the window 🤣. I'm sure he has ZERO complaints though.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I’m looking for stopping power.
I'd look at Ferodo DS2500, FCP stocks them front+rear which helps justify the cost. Kinda dusty though. Maybe consider iSweep if you don't like dust and want to retain your pad sensor.

Tires do more for stopping power than pads, and you won't see any stopping power benefit to a BBK on the street. If you want affordable rotors, just get zimermans off FCP, no reason to spend more unless you're spending enough for 2-piece stuff.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
Going off of your original post which asked for affordable options, you could try Stoptech pads or even step up to Ferodo DS2500, the latter of which is popular on this forum for beginner to intermediate track use. For rotors, running OE/OEM blanks would work very well. Combine those with a good fluid like Motul 600 and you should be happy for spirited driving.

Of course, you could totally send it like @JerseyDrew77 mentioned and grab a BBK, but then affordability and low maintenance cost go out the window 🤣. I'm sure he has ZERO complaints though.
I mean if you want great stopping power at high speeds, then BBK is the way to go but it's going to cost you. For a daily driver or an occassional trak day, then a BBK is not needed. The store I recommended carrys everything so OP can search to see if they have what he is looking for.