GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

darkice1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the security code!

I've pasted pics below to show you guys I'm not crazy! I really don't have 'extended electronic differential lock' as an option inside 03 ABS. So after looking around I found that in my car 'no display' is the option for me to change the XDS settings. My car drives so well after changing it to strong. I wonder if anyone else has issues like I do.

Same thing on mine. You're not alone!

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Finally managed to find out how to configure the infotainment to change the summer time automatically, hence no more manual ticking the option on the screen.

Coding for standard Nav to activate automatic summer time:

1) Select module 5F - Information Electr.
2) Select Adaptation
3) Select channel: "Summertime-automatic"
4) Change default value from "manual" to "Europe"

Now I'll have to wait for 29th March to see it in action :cool:

It is also worth mentioning that the menu on the infotainment has changed from "Summer (DST)" to "Automatic summer time". If I thick the option now the time stays the same while before if I thicked the Summer (DST) option, the time would've moved 1 hour ahead.

(apologies for the cr@ppy pictures)

I have also found the adaptation to configure the temperature when the warning comes on to the MFD. It is set to 4 °C by default, however I haven't managed to change it as it requires a security code and VCDS doesn't suggest anything. 31347 doesn't seem to work. If anyone knows the code and wants to share, it would be appreciated.

So here is the coding:

1) Select module 17-Instruments
2) Select Adaptation
3) Select channel: "(10)-outside_temperature-p_ice_warning_entry_temperature"
4) Change value to desired temperature. (note this requires a security code)

Another thing that I was messing about today is the Oil level which I miss from my old Megane who would show me the oil level on the MFD each time I used to start the engine.

Here is the coding:

1) Select module 5F - Information Electr.
2) Select Adaptation
3) Select channel: (5)-Vehicle function list CAN-Oil_level

I have activated the channel but I am not sure how it really works on VW. I have had a look through the menus in the Infotainment but couldn't find anything related to Oil level. If anyone has any clue, please share.

James75

Go Kart Champion
Why isn't XDS set to strong from the factory, or is there no reason and it's just one of those things.

I love all this stuff, it's really interesting.

James

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Why isn't XDS set to strong from the factory, or is there no reason and it's just one of those things.

I love all this stuff, it's really interesting.

James

Keeps the gap between the PP and non-PP cars wide. If XDS came from the factory at strong, that would give people another reason to not get the PP. However, knowing VW, it could very well just be "one of those things." Like the automatic rain closing. WHY TF WOULD THEY NOT GIVE THAT TO YOU?! It doesn't cost the company anything to activate settings that are built into the vehicle. They could advertise that as yet another reason to get a VW... But they don't. VW is a really whack company. I like their cars, yes. But I do not like their decisions.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
It isn't to protect PP sales, but to keep brake wear in check. The MK6 didn't have to worry about protecting a PP sibling and also didn't use a STRONG default on XDS.

James75

Go Kart Champion
The above would have been my thoughts. I would t compare
XDS to what's on a GTI with PP. As you see it seems entirely reasonably to keep it on a setting that in day to day driving doesn't put the car or its parts under undue stress. I would imagine a lot of these settings are more beneficial pre production when cars are being tested to extremes.

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedieGTI

Go Kart Champion
It isn't to protect PP sales, but to keep brake wear in check. The MK6 didn't have to worry about protecting a PP sibling and also didn't use a STRONG default on XDS.
I set xds to strong on my mk6 very early on and I still had 75% brake life at 75k miles... it doesn't wear out brakes like you think I assure you. Yes I too was surprised

flygteye

Ready to race!
Temp. Warning

This is the coding I (and others from Vortex) have used and it works :D

17-instruments
16 security code 20103
10- adaptations
9) outside temperature-p ice warning exit temperature
10) outside temperature-p ice warning entry temperature

[FONT=&quot]Change both to -10 C.[/FONT] Won't take anything lower.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I set xds to strong on my mk6 very early on and I still had 75% brake life at 75k miles... it doesn't wear out brakes like you think I assure you. Yes I too was surprised

Yeah I sold my MK6 at 46k miles and my brakes were in similarly good condition, having set XDS to strong at 15k

wms

(TSC) Torque Steer Compensation GTI 7

Hi Gents

The GTI 6 & the GLI 6 have the (TSC) Torque Steer Compensation
Using the 44-Steering Assist controller channel, TSC will help prevent torque steer on tuned cars. A TSC value of 1 is used by default in higher HP FWD VW models like the VR6 FWD Passat.
Go to Adaptation in the Steering Assist module
Choose "Torque Steer Compensation (TSC)"
Set new value to 1

Ok, NOW for the GTI 7 I found (TSC) Torque Steer Compensation but in a different way, it needs to be coded not adapted, I tried to do it but a password is required.

These are the steps:
44-Steering
Security Access 16 (Enter security code 19249)
Coding 07
Long coding helper
Byte 0
Bite 2-3

Default setting: 00 - Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) (inactive)

04 - Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) with learned Value active
08 - Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) without learned Value active

Last edited:

flygteye

Ready to race!
The password I have for steering is 19249 but I've never tried it. Nice find too. Let us know if it works.

moveingfaster

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 R32
Hi Gents

The GTI 6 & the GLI 6 have the (TSC) Torque Steer Compensation
Using the 44-Steering Assist controller channel, TSC will help prevent torque steer on tuned cars. A TSC value of 1 is used by default in higher HP FWD VW models like the VR6 FWD Passat.
Go to Adaptation in the Steering Assist module
Choose "Torque Steer Compensation (TSC)"
Set new value to 1

Ok, NOW for the GTI 7 I found it but in a different way, it needs to be coded not adapted, I tried to do it but a password is required.
Does anyone already tried this or knows the password?

These are the steps:
44-Steering
Security Access 16 (password)
Coding 07
Long coding helper
Byte 0
Bite 2-3

Default setting: 00 - Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) (inactive)

Don't know which one is the correct option to use
04 - Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) with learned Value active
08 - Torque Steer Compensation (TSC) without learned Value active

You try it yet? Keep us posted!