GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Firstly and most important I'd like the rear view camera to NOT automatically activate EVERY TIME I put the car in reverse. I'd like it to only activate when I press the parking sensor button. Does anyone know how to do this?

Secondly I would like to make it so the EPB (electronic parking brake) doesn't automatically activate ever. For instance if I'm in reverse or D and I open my door, the EPB activates.

Thanks in advance. This would be for a US spec Mk7 R.

Ian91

Ready to race!
Has anyone tried to adjust the auto hold setting with VCDS, apparently there are three settings through ABS, early, late, normal which adjusts the auto hold?

GeoBog

Ready to race!
What do you guys mean by dip-are my mirrors supposed to tilt down if I enable this when I shift into reverse? If so, can the driver mirror also be enabled? I have the backup camera, but it would still be cool. I'd do it because I can, not because I need it.

In its stock configuration the mirrors don't dip, but using VCDS you can set the passenger side mirror to dip when putting the car in reverse with the mirror adjustment selection switch set to the passenger side. It only works on the passenger side since that is where the curb should be (never mind that there are European countries where parking against traffic is legal and common).

That is not the only reason. The passenger mirror has the controller required to dip the mirror, the driver's mirror doesn't.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
That is not the only reason. The passenger mirror has the controller required to dip the mirror, the driver's mirror doesn't.
It's even more complicated than that, at least in the US. The passenger side door controllers we have can dip the mirror, but not accurately return it to its original position because it doesn't have the memory to store it. The mirror will un-dip after shifting out of reverse, but you may notice some alignment issues afterwards.

Markio

Ready to race!
It's even more complicated than that, at least in the US. The passenger side door controllers we have can dip the mirror, but not accurately return it to its original position because it doesn't have the memory to store it. The mirror will un-dip after shifting out of reverse, but you may notice some alignment issues afterwards.

Didn't notice this, thanks for the heads up.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
Here is the coding to activate convenience for mirrors folding. I know many have asked if this is possible.

09 Cent. Elect.
16 Security: 31347
10 Adaptations
(24)-Access control 2-Funk Spiegelanklappung Modus

Set the channel to "by convenience operation via remote control key"

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
In the US we don't get folding mirrors either. Just enabling this in VCDS won't do anything without retrofitting folding mirror assemblies.

GeoBog

Ready to race!
In the US we don't get folding mirrors either. Just enabling this in VCDS won't do anything without retrofitting folding mirror assemblies.

Obviously the tweak above is for the ones that have the folding mirrors by default when locking the car. This is only to enable convenience folding, i.e. keeping pressed the locking button on the keyfob or the finger on the dimple on drivers door handle, same as you would do for windows convenience closing.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Firstly and most important I'd like the rear view camera to NOT automatically activate EVERY TIME I put the car in reverse. I'd like it to only activate when I press the parking sensor button. Does anyone know how to do this?

Secondly I would like to make it so the EPB (electronic parking brake) doesn't automatically activate ever. For instance if I'm in reverse or D and I open my door, the EPB activates.

Thanks in advance. This would be for a US spec Mk7 R.

Anyone have any luck with these things?

JSoler

Ready to race!
Interested to know which setting solved the problem with the auto hold thro ABS early or late setting?
Early and a threshold of 4% makes it buttery smooth. Just be sure you're either on the brake or off it. Try not to "ride" the brake too much because remember you're actually "riding" the clutch at that point also...

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ian91

Ready to race!
Auto hold prob

Early and a threshold of 4% makes it buttery smooth. Just be sure you're either on the brake or off it. Try not to "ride" the brake too much because remember you're actually "riding" the clutch at that point also...

JSoler thanks for info, I have the DSG box so the clutch is not a prob, will try to find a VCDS owner local to me and try the adjustment.

JSoler

Ready to race!
JSoler thanks for info, I have the DSG box so the clutch is not a prob, will try to find a VCDS owner local to me and try the adjustment.
That's what I'm talking about.... Riding the dsg clutches... They are just like the clutch pack on a manual.. Just for the record bud :)

. The dsg is dual clutch. The clutch is engaged when you let off the brake. Think about it though... To avoid a stall the car modulates the pressure on the clutch as you release the brake. So sitting at a stop light the clutch is disengaged. But as you gradually release brake pressure (engagement starts at 4% pessure instead of the stock 6% so you get that sliiiiight quicker increase in clutch activation time so its much smoother than the stock setting of 6%...but there is a trade off... The clutch is being worn slightly longer by approx 2% as you release pressure on the brakes and instead of there being a noticeable delay in activation time you're setting it to early thus making it begin clutch activation immediately following brake release... the clutch is being engaged starting at the smallest hint of brake release.

Laymans terms....meaning that you're "riding out" the clutch if you don't quickly release the brake from a stop instead of slowly creeping forward in stop and go traffic.

I'm not good at explanations, so hopefully this all makes sense. Lol

Easy for me to understand but not to put to words.