GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
You are most welcome sir, and seasons greetings ;)

jimble1

Ready to race!
Very interesting how all of my mods and photos from the first post have now spread across multiple websites, and photos have been lifted from my Flickr account :(

Don't mind people using them, but come on, at least give credit to the source of the info - it's only good manners :p

Here's the original thread I started over at the Golf GTi Forum

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=260248.0

Tbf he does give credit to you in his original post, although with your other name, like Clark Kent or Bruce Wayne!!:D

pontto

I have tried modifying the XDS settings for my GOLF GTI VII as presented also in these forums. It doesn't work since it requires a security code for ABS brakes module adaptation modifications. Does anybody know what is the code?

pontto

The code is 40168. ;)
I have already tried that code and it is accepted but none of the adaptation settings can be changed. It is only saying that security access is required after trying to modify the XDS setting value.

Has anyone really tried changing some parameters in the abs brakes module adaptation sheet?

NightMare1

Passed Driver's Ed
Sootchuckerbtw you can clearly read that I gaved credit to whoever did that job sharing information that I passed by through the net is something which would just benefit a lot of people so simply instead of you saying that at least give me credit which I already did you would have simply created a new topic and told us about such information. and yes I am a user of this forum and I like it regardless if there are better forums out there.
In both cases no one is trying to steal information just read what I wrote up clearly and then u can start arguing with peole about a point which makes common sense.
thnxs

DW58

Go Kart Champion
As I see it, people often fail to understand the following:
  • Internet forums are not public areas where people can say or do as they like, they are usually privately owned/funded and thus being a member there is like sitting in that member's home, i.e. you abide by his rules.
  • Use of the internet doesn't absolve you of common courtesy and decency - if you re-post his/her work/images, preferably ask permission first, and at least give credit. You shouldn't re-post images from people's private Flickr or similar accounts without first asking permission, doing such is bandwidth theft at the very least, and usually breach of copyright.
  • When you have screwed up and get taken to task for it, don't start screaming and shouting - apologise, it doesn't take much effort.
  • Remember that on this, as with most forums, a small minority of members make large contributions while a large majority look on and benefit from it. These few members often offer a lot of help and their experience to others, it doesn't hurt to give them some credit for their efforts especially as you generally benefit from it.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Modify settings, let Start/Stop function not triggered

1. Enter CAN Gateway

2.Adaptation

3.modify the tempterature from -50 degree C to 50 degree C

4.modify the tempterature from -50 degree C to 50 degree C

You can see the result:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cjphcp9o8xg&feature=youtu.be

Hi all.

This is my first post on this forum.

Regarding allenlin:s posting no 12 in this tread.

19- CAN Gateway Start /Stop

I have tried to do the Start/Stop change with VCDS 12.12.0:

19- CAN Gateway 10- Adaptation
(1) Start/Stopp Aussentemperatur-Minimaltemperatur
-50 C try to change to 50 C
(2) Start/Stopp Aussentemperatur-Maximaltemperatur
-50 C try to change to 50 C

When updating both values above I got a message (translated from Swedish) – “The value is out of range”.
50 was not accepted so I also tried various values, 0, 10 20 100 and so on, same result, no acceptance.

The car is rather new, a Golf 7 Estate (called Variant in DE) TSI 1.4 DSG manufactured in the end of September -13. I suspect there are some differences regarding the S/S function settings and the protection of it on newer cars.

Any one more of you who have tried these two changes yet? If so, were you able to update?

BR Peter

allenlin

I have already tried that code and it is accepted but none of the adaptation settings can be changed. It is only saying that security access is required after trying to modify the XDS setting value.

Has anyone really tried changing some parameters in the abs brakes module adaptation sheet?

I didn't try the XDS setting, but I tried roller test bench mode.

Edit: Just tried, I can confirm that not every option can be changed.

Last edited:

allenlin

When updating both values above I got a message (translated from Swedish) – “The value is out of range”.
50 was not accepted so I also tried various values, 0, 10 20 100 and so on, same result, no acceptance.

The car is rather new, a Golf 7 Estate (called Variant in DE) TSI 1.4 DSG manufactured in the end of September -13. I suspect there are some differences regarding the S/S function settings and the protection of it on newer cars.

I don't have another car to test, I did this setting is on Golf MK7 GTI.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
I don't have another car to test, I did this setting is on Golf MK7 GTI.

Yes "allenlin", I understand. That’s good enough to have one GTI mk 7 :D!
I was more curious if some other forum members have tried to do the change / update.
I have also tried to update the function via the so called “Kufatec” dongle (item no 40019). So far this dongle haven’t had any impact in the settings to my Golf Variant, no change of s/s function. Therefore I suspect that my rather new car have an extended protection in this matter (among other late produced mk 7 cars).

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Not yet (as far as I know) on pre BW45 cars.