GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf mk7 key

tom1

Ready to race!
How come the mk7 golf doesn't open all of the windows when the unlock key is pressed? I know it's something small to moan about but this is a feature I really like on my Polo. It's handy in this heat to open all the windows 5 mins before getting in the car.

Essjay

Ready to race!
Needs to be enabled in the "CAR" menu mate.

One thing to be aware of if you open the windows with the key just by holding the unlock button, is that if you don't open a door within 30 seconds or so the car alarm will arm again.
Now this is fine if you've disabled the interior alarm movement sensors with the button on the drivers door pillar, but if you haven't, the slightest movement, even just walking past the car with the windows open will set the alarm off.
Ask me how I know :rolleyes:

tom1

Ready to race!
Thanks for that, don't suppose anyone knows how to make the windows auto roll down when the window button is held down?

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
yes press it to go down for a sec then fully press it down last part, will go down fully on its own then.

my alarm doesnt work fs, ive tryed everything to set it off and still nothing. just tryed opening the windows with the key and wait till it relocks and wont go off, even lifted the child through into the driver seat to jump about to have lots of movement and nothing wtf. any ideas?

Last edited:

tom1

Ready to race!
Hmm, my windows don't appear to go down fully on their own. Looks like possibly something else I will be getting the garage to take a look at :/

As for the alarm, I think that has a setting under car settings. I recall seeing something earlier and mine was disabled.

jp_cfc09

Ready to race!
ive noticed in the mk7 you need to press it for a second then fully press, youll feel it click on down. my other car you just pressed right down but in the golf you need to press untill you feel it stop then press on down after a sec if you get what I mean lol.